Stoptech slotted rotors and EBC yellow pads.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has any experience with this combination of brake parts together or individually.

Looking to replace my front pads and rotors soon and these seem to be a possible solution but they're pricey and I was hoping maybe some of you might have some feedback on them.

TIA.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those rotors are incredible. I’ve got all stoptech brakes out front and it works great. The ebc pads I’ve only had experience on an auto cross car and they were pretty dusty but worked great

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that brand but I needed more brake on my f150 and tried a cheap set of drilled rotors, they work great but do go through pads faster, just the nature of them.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Hydroboost swap is a huge leg up on brake performance... using basic cheap pads and rotors. BTDT.

Switching to 95-97 brakes (knuckle swap) is also a good upgrade.

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hydroboost swap is a huge leg up on brake performance... using basic cheap pads and rotors. BTDT.

Dana 60 only, correct? Can you use a solid Dana 50 on a ttb 50?

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Dana 60 only, correct? Can you use a solid Dana 50 on a ttb 50?

No - the 2wd and ttb setups switched to the newer style brakes about the same time.

99+ Superduty stuff is different again.

Last edited:

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

While that's all good I am willing to spend the coin on good rotors and pads. In the past 2 months I've needed to make numerous all out stops due to other drivers panicking in front of me. A couple too close calls. I can lock up whats there already just want better modulation and fade resistance. Towing is in the near future plans.

Hydroboost is in the plans but no sense putting it on the worn out junk that resides there now.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will be happy with the improvement, I was so happy with how they held up on my f150 I ordered drilled/slotted rotors for our Grand caravan. Haven't had chance to install them yet....