Stop, filter time

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay folks, I'm ready to change all of my fluids and filters. I need suggestions on what filters to get and good sources. Fluid type suggestions would be great as well.

1994 Ford F250 Superduty, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil filter Motorcraft FL1995 walmart ten bucks
Oil Rotella T6 full-syn, or classic Delo 400 (not Delo 400LE) if you can find it
Supposedly the wal-mart super-tech oil is actually pretty good too.

Fuel filter at Napa, sorry don't know the part number, I can go out and look at mine if you need me to. Includes integrated bowl and new O-Ring for WIF sender.
My favorite brake fluid is Valvoline 5.1 synthetic. Compatible with normal fluids so you don't have to flush before installing it, just bleed it in

No input on trans, sorry. But if you don't have a drain plug, this is the time to install one (or a 4R100 pan, which includes one.)

I am running lucas gear oil in my rear (limited slip) diff. Includes friction modifier. Works beautifully.

I am running a precharged coolant filter with napa basic green coolant.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about changing the trans filter just now. The tranny is slipping from 2 - 3 and it does have 203k miles on it. So, I figure I'm looking at a rebuild soon. Thinking when I get the money, taxes come in, of just having it rebuilt now. I know it was over heated and that means the filter needs to be changed, but with the miles and slippage would that be a waste of time? Or should I still do it?

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering I have a 79 F350 farm truck and I'm going to have a that might just be the ticket

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering I have a 79 F350 farm truck and I'm going to have a that might just be the ticket

If interested contact me via PM I can assist you with that.

If not that's ok too.

Any quality oil and good motorcraft filters are sufficient, however sometimes it's worth going the extra mile with a full synthetic change.

I've run Dyno and synthetics in various vehicles, both are good, one is better!

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pursuing an independent farming life style, so money is an issue. However, there is a lotof things you just need to spend the money on. This truck and all. Of my others are needed to last, so I'm not completely against the idea. Let consider

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
wix 34417 fuel filter is one piece with a drain integrated into it so you dont have to deal with multiple pieces to the fuel filter. fl1995 oil filter and you will need approx 11 quarts to refill, I always add 10 and wait a sec then check.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance