Steering ISSUE fix - Drag link roll causing dead spot

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It’s a new box from rock auto, I can’t remember the brand. Not quite sure what that has to do with “the cure”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Considering you posted about your steering being loose, but claimed all new parts. I don't care what anyone says, if you have that much play, something is worn.
Btw, new doesn't mean good.
Steering gear = gearbox...?
Yup. Because transmission must affect steering. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the temp to get up above 50 for a few days. I've never been fond of working on stuff in the snow unless its necessity.

fyrfghter

Reaction score
Considering you posted about your steering being loose, but claimed all new parts. I don't care what anyone says, if you have that much play, something is worn.
Btw, new doesn't mean good. Yup. Because transmission must affect steering. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
You must be registered for see images attach

I am referencing slop between TRE and the cure, nothing is wrong with my steering box. I can’t post the vide but the cure has 1/16 to 1/8 inch of play meaning it doesn’t function like it is supposed to. RuffStuff is blaming the TRE taper depth and not a mistake in machining of the cure. I haven’t had a chance to take it apart and measure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric M

Reaction score
Fantastic. I have been trying for 3 years to get rid of the slop in the steering. So much time and money... It took 30 minutes to do this and the slop is gone. mblaney, you are sharp. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726