Steering ISSUE fix - Drag link roll causing dead spot

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are none left, besides the 1 I decided to keep.
so I guess I am to blame as well

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth when I replaced my tie rod, the new one came with a flat rubber bushing to be the spacer where the drag link connects. It's not the same as what was built here, but the principal works similar. The dead spot roll over disappeared, so I would assume the FIX will accomplish the same.

@IDIoit it's always the fault of the middle man.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth when I replaced my tie rod, the new one came with a flat rubber bushing to be the spacer where the drag link connects. It's not the same as what was built here, but the principal works similar. The dead spot roll over disappeared, so I would assume the FIX will accomplish the same.

This is not the FIX, it is the CURE... RW would not appreciate you renaming :fan:

fyrfghter

Reaction score
I’m running the ruff stuff spacer with Chevy TRE custom steering. Mine has play in it still because the spacer has play in it. I called ruff stuff and they think that the hole in the tie rod is not reamed deep enough causing the spacer not to fit. I need to get it pulled apart and measure so they can send me a fixed part. I’ll report back and see if it really is “the fix”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I’m running the ruff stuff spacer with Chevy TRE custom steering. Mine has play in it still because the spacer has play in it. I called ruff stuff and they think that the hole in the tie rod is not reamed deep enough causing the spacer not to fit. I need to get it pulled apart and measure so they can send me a fixed part. I’ll report back and see if it really is “the fix”

And your gearbox is?......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

fyrfghter

Reaction score
It’s a new box from rock auto, I can’t remember the brand. Not quite sure what that has to do with “the cure”