steering column rag joint and u-joint replacement

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rag joint and the u-joint on my truck (1993 E350) are worn out. I know new "rags" can be purchased for the rag joint but what about the u-joint? Are these replaceable? Dealer only? Thanks.

Dave

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto, LPS -- DORMAN Part # 425356 {#F2TZ3B676B} Intermediate Steering Shaft. Might want to confirm that.

Borgenson or someone else might have a "better" one.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I dont know about the vans, but for pickups, 92 and later the rag joints sold at all the parts stores do not fit, they make an assumption that the same ones that fit the early ones fit and they dont, it's a dealer only item that comes complete with the shaft and it costs darn near as much as a Borgeson. For the money, spend the few extra and get rid of teh rag joint all together and get a ujoint on there with your new shaft ;Sweet

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. I did a little research and it looks like Dorman Part # 425356 will not fit a van.

RLDSL, Thanks for the heads up. It sucks buying a part, getting everything apart, and finding out the parts doesn't fit.

Dave

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. You said "truck" and my brain never saw the E in E350

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. I did a little research and it looks like Dorman Part # 425356 will not fit a van.

RLDSL, Thanks for the heads up. It sucks buying a part, getting everything apart, and finding out the parts doesn't fit.

Dave

Yup, I bought rag joints from every single parts house in town and none of them came even close to fitting and had to return them all before I went to the dealer and found that it was only available from them with a complete new shaft. That's when I ordered the Borgeson shaft setup great improvement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online

No members online now.