starter system issues

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Bart's right. I couldn't see where the turn signal lever attaches to the steering column, but it does look like you have a tilt wheel. You push the turn signal lever forward.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow going to try that now I’ve been playing with pushing it forward going down the road didn’t know I had tilt

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
its quite the odd thing the main battery is rated for 800 cca and says 2016 but 4 different places have tested it and every time it says 1010 cca, the driver side battery was so far gone at 500 cca but only 2018
Chances are, 800 is the cold cranking amps rating, and 1000 is the regular cranking amps rating.
That would cause it to test at 1000 amps if it's not cold or under load.

Rock

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for you help and input she’s back on the road for now!

alsjunk

Reaction score
I recently had some turn signal problems. It ended up being the switch. While I was at it I cleaned every ground I could find, Batteries voltage reg. solenoid, frame fire wall, under dash, every ground I could find. I couldn.t believe the difference it made. Lights brighter, starter spins faster, turn signals crisp, (for lack of a bigger vocabulary), happily surprised.
That will become part of my regular maintenance. I want to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge, I have learned a lot.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The grounds cause more electrical problems than most people know. Cleaning the grounds is something that everybody NEEDS to do, but most won't. They will spend countless hours chasing "other" problems to no avail.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...While I was at it I cleaned every ground I could find, Batteries voltage reg. solenoid, frame fire wall, under dash, every ground I could find. I couldn.t believe the difference it made. Lights brighter, starter spins faster, turn signals crisp, (for lack of a bigger vocabulary), happily surprised.
That will become part of my regular maintenance. I want to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge, I have learned a lot.

The grounds cause more electrical problems than most people know. Cleaning the grounds is something that everybody NEEDS to do, but most won't. They will spend countless hours chasing "other" problems to no avail.
This rings true for just about every vehicle I've ever owned or worked on. Poor grounds are the root of so many headaches! Thanks for sharing guys.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This rings true for just about every vehicle I've ever owned or worked on. Poor grounds are the root of so many headaches! Thanks for sharing guys.
There was a member on another forum I was on years ago who’s quote in his signature line was “You can trust your mother, but never trust a ground”. It’s funny the things that stick with you years later, but there’s some truth in his quote. Though, I don’t “always” trust my mother.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.