Spring fever

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I'm itching to start working on my trucks again. The poor Moose Truck is dead in his stall. The batteries gave out, even though they have been on life support over the winter. They were group 31's too. The Moosestang needs a variety of loving actions, including new fenders and a sprung clutch disc. I'd also like to get my manual trans conversion on the Excursion going. Too many things to do and not enough time to ever do it! We've got a couple of projects going on at Conestoga Diesel Injection also, that I will report on later, when there is something to report. LOL I hope it is warming up for everyone who needs it soon, and that you are thinking about coming to the IDI Weekend this summer.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
I know that feeling, sans spring. Been a mild climate here for the most part. Summer is the scorcher season.

Got the following slated for install:

Instrument cluster/leds/bezel
Headlight wiring
Carrier 10 psi fuel pump
Much more!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well Mel. We really have not had a winter to speak of. Many of the garden vegis wintred over just fine it was that warm here in winter. I would like to install my psd fuel filter on my idi soon. I have modified the 99 to 06 model filter housing to work for us in the idi community. I just need to built one manifold for the 2 injection pump feed lines and the pressure fitting and the low fuel pressure fitting. Thats my big job right now. the design work is killing me trying to get everything just right and look good doing it. Now if I had 220 volts in the shop I sure would buy a tig arc welder combo and start modifying my hypermax thrbo hat so I could use it with my Banks sidewinder turbo. As it is now it wont fit and nothing but cutting a corner off of it will make it fit. I'm very good with tig welding so it should be an easy 20 minute weld. Sure will be grand to have the intercooler installed. That hat has been my issue so far. Can't think about much more that has not already been done. We have a constant good weather around this area so I'm not waiting for fair weather like the frozen east and north has. I don't know if I feel more sorry for the slat on the roads or the frigid weather you guys indur all the time...

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mel i feel your pain, im mid wiring install with the wait on the weather part almost over. now stop talking and get working!!!!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Hmmm.
6 speed excursion. I like the sound of that, but then again, I get tired of clutching. Especially after running the 550 winch truck at work. Talk about rubber leg…
At least a zf6 is easier to float.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My IDI went on vacation once my Powerstroke arrived in the yard. It has many things slated for it now that having it down for long periods of time doesn't matter. As with everyone else.. progress is just time and money away!

Saskredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys got it lucky down south.... It is -25 celcius here right now and was below -30 with windchill Monday morning. We had two or three days above zero two weeks ago as a tease and it's been way colder than normal since. My project truck the 1986 F250 4x4 a.k.a. "Sarge"hasn't gotten much attention all winter with temps averaging -30 or colder this winter. I want spring to get here already I need to pull the motor from my 86 F150 to transplant into the wife's 87 F150 that died in November, get the wife's 78 bronco up and running, get "sarge" up and running good enough so I can drive it while I remove and overhaul the motor in my million miler 6.9, get my 2006 f150 up and running again (really bad blow by, low compression.... Not gonna be fun), and if there's time left before next winter get at least the motor mounts made for the 460 transplant into my fox body mustang..... Please send spring north of the boarder we miss it terribly....

osokusmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That reminds me, I need to get my core pump pulled out and sent in. I miss driving that pickup as well.

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
South Dakota here and I certainly feel your pain. Yesterday I was outside tinkering with my oil system a bit, trying to get it ready. It was about 65 degrees and I had to go to work. I got to work and found out that we were in a tornado warning. That moved out and snow moved in. So all in all, we had 65 degrees to about 15 in a matter of 2 hours, a tornado warning, a thunderstorm warning, then a blizzard warning.

About 2 inches of snow were on the ground this morning.

Winter Sucks!!:mad:

Black dawg

Reaction score
This year my truck only got 3k miles put on it, with most of them over the winter. Looking at it today, it needs a pump and injectors and a turbo cartridge. Really hard for me to justify putting all of that into it with the little use it sees, but, what do you do?

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Here is a little fact for you:
Spearfish SD holds the world record for the fastest recorded temperature change. On January 22, 1943 at about 7:30 a.m. MST, the temperature in Spearfish was −4°F (−20°C). The Chinook wind picked up speed rapidly, and two minutes later (7:32 a.m.) the temperature was +45°F (+7°C) above zero. The 49°F (27°C) rise in two minutes set a world record that still holds. By 9:00 a.m., the temperature had risen to 54°F (12°C). Suddenly, the chinook died down and the temperature tumbled back to −4°F (−20°C). The 58°F (32°C) drop took only 27 minutes. The sudden change in temperatures caused glass windows to crack and windshields to instantly frost over.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel what is this Spring that you speak of??!! We went straight from winter to spring! We've been calling it sprinter! It was 85 here yesterday and supposed to be all week and last week it was in the 50's! Winter straight to summer! :dunno

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California is getting winter right now, such as it is. Really interfering with my shadetree wrenchin'

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
It's been in the mid 50's to mid 60's the last week or two, warm enough to get some stuff done. The new clutch just arrived for my mustang, I have two more parts to order for the intake on my 93 and my new catch can to install. I have to help my friend transplant the diesel guts from his 86 F-250 to his 85 F-250 and then help him convert his 79 trans am from an auto to a 4spd. Then I have a bunch of scrap to clean up at my sisters place who is clearing the yard while hubby is on TDY. She also has an old 70's 25' RV I have to dismantle and remove from her property.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Members online