spray on bed liners. which one?

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i used their finer crumb and had no issues at all with cracking....thats just odd....

how hard did you thin it out? i found i had to thin it out with almost a full gallon of automotive reducer to get it to spray right (one of their small truck bed kits)

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rhino bed liner! ;Sweet

I have my whole truck painted in it -Drool

Rocks never stand a chance :sly

I'd love to see a pic of this. It would be a durable cost effective option for when i fix up the body. I just need to figure out exactly how bad bad it looks lol

damac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get some good pics of it soon.....it looks really good I think...no too rough but you can tell it's there....it has mother of pearl mixed in with the rhino line too just to give it some pop....but saddly I'm going to be sanding down the whole truck repainting it sometime same color and same stuff just need to pop out some dents and smooth the doors a little....not looking forward so sanding that stuff off! LOL

how much does it cost to do your whole truck?

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Finish Line from NAPA, sprayed it on with a sprayer for ceilings, you know a hopper sprayer.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Im gonna be doin my bed. Already got the stuff. My truck had that drop in plastic liner and those suck! There was so much mud and trash under it. Started bubblin the paint up. Those are worthless. Prep work is key.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
freebird- i got the big 2 gallon kit. i just mixed in the whole bag of crumb and the whole can of supplied reducer. the first can or two sprayed real well, then it got real thick and harder to spray. i used more reducer on the last can it did fine again. im gonna try it in my truck bed i think. it would be fantastic for the deck of my trailer actually!

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you actually use your bed( as in throwing firewood, lumber, and scrap steel in it) you will be let down with the roll in bed liner. It doesnt hold up to heavy use and will not stop it from denting. The do it yourself kits are especially flimsy and like to crack and peel off. A plastic drop in is the only thing that holds up to heavy use. I once had an 84 f250 that I used heavily to haul firewood and when I scrapped the truck I took out the bed liner and was SIMPLY AMAZED at how clean the bed was yet. The truck was rotted out but the inside of the bed looked as if it had never been used. After seeing that I will never have a truck box without a drop in liner. Just make sure that the drain holes are clear in the front of the bed so that water doesnt get trapped underneath it.

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so what i am getting from all this is do a lot of prep work. spray in a high priced bed liner., put in a drop in plastic bed line, and spray that with the same high priced bed liner, and everything will be great!! :p

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Thats a good idea about spraying the slide in liner with bed liner. I had one in my truck when i bought it and it rubbed the paint off in a few spots and surface rust was there. There was so much mud and other debri under it. Drop in liners are the way to go to protect from dents.

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the RustOleum brand of bed liner? I haven't ever heard of the stuff until I saw it on the shelf at wally world tonight. I've had good luck with their implement paint and sprays, so I am really tempted to give it a try...

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never use a drop in bed liner....the only way your going to dent the inside of your bed is if your dropping stuff in it.....and if your hauling metal or anything heavy it's probably best to put it in a dump trailer anyway....it would save your back from having to unload it all.......but that's just what I think....everyone has their own says of doing stuff :bail
At 5000 bucks to get into a dump trailer that has any kinda weight capacity, I will stick with hauing it in the bed the 5 or 6 times a year I haul scrap to the yard. And after loading and hauling 10 cords of firewood a year I will gaurantee that after the first year you will have dents in your bed without a drop in liner(and there are places in the woods where getting a trailer just isnt practical). And if you roll your own liner, it will be chipped and cracked up too. The stuff just doesnt hold up to heavy use. There is a reason Line-x gets 500 bucks to spray a bed, they spray the stuff about 1/4 inch thick, but even that wont protect from dents and you can still scratch and scrape that stuff off and it fades no matter what you do. A plastic drop in is the only thing that will hold up to heavy use, period. You can pitch, and drop the stuff in as hard as you want and not have to worry. The little bit of paint they rub off I can live with. You never see it anyway with the liner in.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
You can still dent the bed with the drop in liner in place. But it's a Truck the bed is always assumed to be abused, it's designed for work.