Spoke to a diesel mechanic about GP's

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I dont think rockauto is on the east coast. And from the their website no Advance Auto on the west coast.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Wow they still have them?
I bought all my area had for .99 each! ;Sweet

PS oops that was at Auto Zone ZD1A, ZD9, and ZD11 Sold for .99 each.............

Yes they do. I just bought them today at the local Int dealer for 14 bucks. nat fleet cost

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dwight you are correct they discontinued Berus and are now selling Bosch for around $11-12 each. I bought the last 13 in my local store. When they were a regular item at AZ they were 9.99 each same price as the Champs and Autolites. Made me wonder why people wouldn't just buy the OEM part since it was same price or cheaper. I understand trying different glow plugs like the SLM/LDM or some of these Borg Warner glows, maybe Delphis but why use the ones that we know are incompatible with this glow plug system(for some unknown reason..but its true)

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autozone just loves selling cheap stuff. My guess is that they are so used to pushing Champion spark plugs (they are the cheapest) that they also push their GP's.

Anything that comes into my shop with Champions gets changed out before I will even attempt any other engine diagnostics. Most often replacement with the OEM plug will fix the problem.