special wrench??

pottenza

Reaction score
can someone post a picture of the wey to bend a wrench to be able to get the F%^%^ bolt on the passenger side of the ip pump!! its for my E350 1993

thank you!!!

gandalf

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the "official" wrench. The problem is that it wears too quickly. A number of people here have bent and ground their own, and have a better, longer lasting wrench. I have a diagram somewhere here which some body posted. I'll see whether I can find that too. But for right now, the picture, or maybe a bit later.

You must be registered for see images attach

The next job will be finding the directions to make one, but that will come after dinner.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm definitely not saying to do this, but…
I haven't come across a engine that has that nut. Not even the stud. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ground the box end with a slight taper and so it JUST fits past the stud and then over the nut, this works ok I'll eventually find a nice LONG combination wrench which I can bend it and grind it accordingly.

gandalf

Reaction score
Found it. A member here did this and was nice enough to share the pictures with us all. I can't remember who to thank.

Anyway, here is a custom bent and ground wrench

You must be registered for see images attach

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

all I ever use. well in 9/16th but you get the point

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sears has a u shaped 9/16 and 5/8 boxed end type wrench. Grind the 9/16 end flatter for the pump and take a small section out of the 5/8's end to make a line wrench for the injector lines....

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a regular combo wrench and bent the end about 30* - had to grind it down a bit too.

I would strongly advise not to remove that nut as someone seems to be suggesting - doesn't seem like it'd do much, but with something as precise and high stress as an injection pump it's important to have a symmetric support - having only the 2 bolts would cause the pump housing to twist to a small degree.....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Removing one of the 3 nuts will reduce your clamping power by 33%. I suppose its possible to run without it but its not what I will do.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines got all 3 nuts and studs. i just grinded on a coupe of 9/16 wrenches and swap them as needed