So what did you do with your truck today?

Grendel

Reaction score
Started tearing apart the 2 passenger side doors. Front window regulator slipping and rear door's lock solenoid down for the count. Parts ordered just getting ready for the install.

Last edited:

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got home from a trip that I swear I got terrible mileage on. 190 miles on a full rear tank (20 gallon. Guessing it was returning to the front tank?) and noticed while I was airing the rear tires that my passenger side axle shaft was loose!

All 8 flange bolts were loose and had obviously been rubbing the flange. Torqued them back down to 80 ft/lbs and checked the torque on the other side. Driver's side was still tight and showed no signs of movement.
I wish mine would get 190 a tank!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at those on ebay before. Talked to my friendly tire guy about them and he said they tend to start leaking over a short time. I really just want my steelies chrome dipped :D

whats a "short time"? i ask because amazon shows i ordered my first set for chip truck,6 years ago in 2010 and they haven't leaked yet.:dunno

they have caused leaks with eventually blowing out rubber valve stems.however i switched over to all steel ones and haven't had an issue since.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
That part never came up. I also have all steel stems, but I can reach them easily now. I just really want the shiny clean looking wheels without aluminum outers/steel inners. And I'll never put the simulators back on. They cut into the sidewall of one of my tires! Was just never a fan of hub caps of any sort.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Made it look like a truck again. Hopefully almost done final assembly of drivetrain

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mirrors on and finally adjusted how I want them.

Added some rear speakers and made a box for them as well. Sounds way better.

Thought I had my picture from the ac pressure holding at 36psi while running on the low port now for over a month and not leaking anymore. Blows ice cold.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low scrap prices are making parts trucks difficult to pass up. 100 mile round trip hauled this one home for my brother. 82 F150 2wd 302 C6 ford 9" rear $250.00

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Low scrap prices are making parts trucks difficult to pass up. 100 mile round trip hauled this one home for my brother. 82 F150 2wd 302 C6 ford 9" rear $250.00

Geeze. For $250 that thing don't look bad at all.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He actually bought it for a cab swap on his 81 F350 4x4 dump truck. Can't go wrong for 250 bucks! Probably sell unrelated parts & scrap the rest....... Heaviest (3200lb trailer + 4700lb truck) load I've hauled on this truck since completed and I'm a little disappointed with performance. Plenty of IH power however I couldn't use it as I constantly found myself backing off the throttle because exhaust temps skyrocketed with each little hill and tons of black smoke. Probably need to play with the fuel setting in the pump, maybe try turning back a 1/4 turn at a time. Maybe an intercooler???

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He actually bought it for a cab swap on his 81 F350 4x4 dump truck. Can't go wrong for 250 bucks! Probably sell unrelated parts & scrap the rest....... Heaviest (3200lb trailer + 4700lb truck) load I've hauled on this truck since completed and I'm a little disappointed with performance. Plenty of IH power however I couldn't use it as I constantly found myself backing off the throttle because exhaust temps skyrocketed with each little hill and tons of black smoke. Probably need to play with the fuel setting in the pump, maybe try turning back a 1/4 turn at a time. Maybe an intercooler???

what do you mean maybe? of course an intercooler.maybe a smoke puff limiter too.:sly
like chip trucks setup; banks/intercooler/bull moose/spl = all the power i need and then some,most of the time.i hardly need WOT but if i do,it's good to know she burns clean and keeps her cool.;Really

fyi; im heavier than your GCVWR,with an empty chip truck and no chipper!:D
(approx twice your combined there with a bed full of chips + chipper in tow)

edit; oh i forgot about your truck though lol.you didn't post the weight of your truck. what does she weigh?

Last edited:

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never weighed this one however it's probably handy 6000lbs. Noticed another tread discussing water cooled intercooler, sounds interesting!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Am still chasing a fuel leak at number 2 injector return line area. Have changed the o rings 2 times now. Last time I did that I changed the return line cap. Even cleaned up the casting flash on the cap. Still leaked. So I changed the hose between number 2 & 4 injector. Also changed the fuel filter. I think I need a pipe strap wrench to get it tight enough. So many damn places for leaks on this type filter. Both the top and bottom heads have leaked before. And looking at the bottom cap there are several places that can leaks. The water in fuel sender. The drain valve and some odd looking schrader valve looking thing.. Have no idea why that is on the bottom cap either. Then of course there is the famous fuel heater electrical connection. My plan is to plug that with a pipe plug soon. Going to be driving some grass and bags of dirt to daughters home tomorrow. She bribed me with lunch so I'm all in for that...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online