So what did you do with your truck today?

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove 'er down to Edgerton (1/2 hr on Interstate) to pick up a solid rear window for one of the '95s. On the way down, the wife says "hey honey, was that crack there before?", pointing to a growing crack in the windshield. Uh, no, that's new:eek:. It grew twice again on the way back. Stopped at a store on the way back and she wouldn't crank. Diagnosed alternator and regulator failed. AAA jump-start, got 'er home on the batteries. Fortunately there's still ONE place in town that rebuilds in-house, and does it right, the way every auto electric shop used to do. Installing the alternator, we noticed the flexible return line (?) off the filter was leaking. Happened to have aprx. a foot of 1/4" in a small box in the basement. Truck is charging now, not leaking, appt. at glass shop tomorrow, zero-deductible comprehensive insurance is gonna cover the windshield. As my buddy at work likes to say, "problem solved; next problem...."

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
After helping a buddy with some issues on his '92 6.9 project, I traded him my dually hubs, 3" rear wheel spacers and my god-awful flat-spotted 37" military MT's on HMMWV 12 bolts for his standard hubs and 285/75r16 BFG AT/KO's on MB Razor 16x8's. Today on the way to work, heard a CLANK and then SCREECH SCREECH SCREECH. Pulled off in the Napa Auto parking lot to find the caliper retainer/lower slide had SHEARED OFF and allowed my passenger side caliper to brawl with my new wheels. Popped in and grabbed a brake hardware kit, thanks to the backspacing of the new wheels I was able to stab in new retainers on both sides in ten minutes. Got to work, was then sent down to the local machine/metal shop for a healthy stack of 4'x8'x1/4" AR400 steel. Hauled donkeys back to the shop, thoroughly enjoying the power gained from smaller tires. Heading home after work, I pulled the grade between Placerville and Camino at 65 in 4th with little effort, where I was only able to pull 55-60 screamin up the hill in 3rd with the 37's. 3.55's, 37's and N/A don't play well together. I do believe some 315/80's are in order when the 285's wear out. All in all it was a good day, crisis averted, carry on.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Gave Elphie some new eyes. Also put the headlights on fused relays using the dual fan relay from a 1998 Lincoln Continental. The shade tree was showering us with muscadines.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After considering for the 100th time selling my truck because it's been stubborn with all the gremlins here and there, I continued to check what is wrong with the C6 that is not holding in 3rd under any acceleration. All lines are good, still have to find my vacuum gauge to check my Vac pump. The bottom of the tranny pan is wet, so I am not sure if the vacuum modulator is bad or not. Was going to start on the cheap side, and if it needed surgery this would be the reason there would be a 4 speed and NP205 under this truck.

Also pinion seal is leaking, though nut tight, I was going to put a new seal in but my brother in law has a 10.25 with LS or something and 3.55 gears. So I made a deal with him to buy the entire 85 F250 with 351W/C6. Debating whether or not to swap the front end too or to just wait until I do the solid axle, then just drop the front driveshaft so I don't cause even more carnage. The 79 Bronco needs a heart repair or transplant, so that 351W/C6 may just be a better choice that the 351M I have now that lubricates the inside of the exhaust with engine oil.

I'm also cleaning up under the hood since everything is so cluttered and the Carrier pump went in in sub-zero weather, so it went in quickly and I bypassed the primary filter. I think I need to put the filter back in the loop after finding a filter with a drain plug. And wire up the ether assist sourced from a 1066 IH. If it doesn't get rebuilt soon, I may just have to liberate the turbo too...

hallgren87idi

Reaction score
its not an idi, but this was pretty cool

Last edited:

blacksmoke94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Messing with brake issues and replaced the carpeting in the tool box. Getting ready for a 2500 mile road trip! I would rather take this on a road trip than a brand new caddy.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced a bad rear wheel cylinder.
Tomorrow I start on the other side, front bearings, new rotor and brake pads.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Replaced the rear speakers with some RF Punch 6x8's. Now the rest of the system sounds like crap. It's like Karl Pilkington said: "Any problem solved is a new problem made."

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday morning, finished ac install, new uhaul compressor, visteon in box, 79.00 woo hoo. Have lots of freezing air .Changed water pump pulley bolts to studs and high nuts so the holding wrench will stay on when r&ring the fan.
This am, changed fuel and air filter , put on an intake tube from a 93 to pick up some cold air as I dont have a brick specific one. Now off to take Michelle to the beach for dinner/ cooler weather. this heat wave sucks, and my leg hates it.
Gooday all!!!!!

DuRolf

1989 Ford E 350
Reaction score
- My wait to start light starting flickering after the engine was started and running. The voltmeter showed sudden changes from 13.7 to 11.9 and back. In the spring I moved the glow plug controller assembly to above the left headlight, so I could access it easily. The bolt that is the ground showed some rust, so I unbolted the assembly and made the metal bare with a wire brush attachment on a drill. Putting it back together I used a big dab of dielectric grease. Problem fixed! It must have been an intermittent ground causing the glow plug controller to activate.

- Replaced rear most exhaust suspension strap. The old one had rusted through.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online