So what did you do with your truck today?

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally timed my truck tonight.
Bought a Ferret adapter off of fellow member Leeland a couple months ago, and just finally got around to using it.
Instead of using one of the fancy adjustable timing lights, I just used a set of dial calipers and scribed a line at 9 degrees BTDC. Allowed me to use the regular old timing light I already had in my tool box.
I thought I was getting pretty good at timing it by ear over the last four or so years of playing around with it: guess I was wrong....initial check showed about 16 degrees; and I had previously backed it down to there (!).
Looks like my glow plugs might actually last a year now.....

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely better. It is now making more power everywhere in the rpm range, especially at the upper end (3000+). All with less smoke than before.
Boost builds quicker and more. And the engine as a whole is definitely quieter; except the turbo whine, it got a little louder.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used mine as a platform to stand on while giving our weeping Willow tree a hair cut!

You must be registered for see images attach

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Changed my carrier bearing. Now I have a loud clicking noise but only in first and only for a few mins. Like til it warms up kinda thing.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Middle chamber of muffler was rusted out so went with the muffler delete...combo of hard and flex pipe until I'm sure it's a keeper. I like the new howl so we'll see how it holds up.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put mine back on its wheels for the first time since like November...

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Cleaned out my cat last week. And it's sounds goooood. Cut off muffler and left two feet of pipe off of cat. Love the turbo whistle! Next step is down pipe and 5 in coming out just behind the cab.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Drove mine to breakfast today. Been sitting since last Wednesday. About half a crank and it fired up. Its nice having a tight fuel system. A Carrier electric lift pump and good working glow plugs. I was out before 8am driving the usual direction where I keep getting the AQMD complaints in the mail about smoking truck. My rig does not smoke unless I'm really in the throttle. Driving mt its smoke free.. Screw those pius driving ******** reporting a diesel.....:mad::angel:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Last week, bought mine a new set of shoes. Picked up a screw in 2 different tires. They were getting old and almost worn out, so I just got another set. Was going to need a new set before winter anyway.... so 2 birds with 1 stone. Another set of Firestone Transforce T/A's. Last set got me 70,000+ miles and worked very well, so I bought another set. They were the best value and tire for the price.

Then over the weekend, towed a trailer up to Grand Rapids, Michigan to pick up the new-to-us Jetta and drag it back home. Truck performed flawlessly and now runs a bit better after getting a good workout. About 400 mile round trip, 1st half with an empty, trailer, 2nd half loaded with the Jetta. This was another reason to get new shoes, didn't want to have issues on the trip.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my truck the Horn/CC pad was in shambles with parts of it in the console and other parts barely hanging on to the wheel. Got some new push buttons for the horn, had a scrap piece of diamond plate and the badge came from an old freezer I scrapped a while back. Saved the harness and I'm going to test the CC at some point and add some buttons if it still works.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I put mine to work, found a guy giving away road mix, willing to load it as well. I got some tarps and made some giant burritos. I have no idea how much weight this was but I am sure it's heavier than any truck I have hauled. I was screaming up hill, 10psi, 1000* and smoking the whole way. I took back roads to avoid bothering people with the smoke. This the lighter load, I pulled the ramps off the trailer and got my extra ZF/t-case out of the bed for the second load. I imagine it knocked about 700lbs off.

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
built a new bumper

Attachments

• NCM_1235.jpg
    NCM_1235.jpg
    926.3 KB · Views: 35
  • NCM_1236.jpg
    NCM_1236.jpg
    636.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Fatography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off I sold my flatbed project because my family is growing and I need to buy a toy hauler. So I bought this 2002 F350 4x4 with 133k miles on it.

I installed a RiffRaff air cleaner and the Icon Vehicle Dynamics leveling kit. I love the truck. What size tires should I run? Can I fit 37" tires? I don't mind trimming.

You must be registered for see images

GOLF CART DORK.