So what did you do with your truck today?

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Not today exactly, but last weekend:

Finally replaced (at 200k miles) the original IP & injectors that I picked up from that Uhaul sale from what? A couple of years ago?

Picked up a return line kit from Oregon Fuel Injection in town as we did it kind of last minute. Didn't realize the only parts out of the kit I'd need were the line & the clamps :mad:

Would have save a few $.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I put a new zf shifter boot in yesterday. What a difference. The cab is about 30 degrees cooler and the noise is greatly reduced. I got the boot directly from the dealership for $85, well worth the money after I took the old one out and saw how bad it really was.

Today I'm tightening up some exhaust leaks, loading up and will be rally bound.:cheers::D

Did it have both boots? Or just the upper black one?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting disassembly for new turbo kit an manifolds an up pipes. Got a re-seal kit for it. Gonna rebuild oil cooler an put back together. I'm not gonna run a cam yet. I wanna see what a simple turbo upgrade will do for an IDI. Also check what my temps change,cruising boost,egt's loaded or not, an few other things. An compare it to a 088 ats. Then all go back an do studs,cam,an ic. An see what happens from there. Hope to have it back goin within 3 weeks!

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello every body well I put on my new A/C compress and dryer and orfice added a 14 inch electric fan to the front of the condenser. Vaccummed and cleaned system and charged it and wow its blowing nice and cold.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^what did you use to vacuum the system? also-what colour orifice tube?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's there. I'm not normally a fan of that style rim, but they look really good on your truck! ;Sweet

And for the AC, I have been thinking of just using pressure switches when I redo my system. Haven't decided yet. But they work great on other types. Those VOV setups can be a bear sometimes.

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's there. I'm not normally a fan of that style rim, but they look really good on your truck! ;Sweet

And for the AC, I have been thinking of just using pressure switches when I redo my system. Haven't decided yet. But they work great on other types. Those VOV setups can be a bear sometimes.

Thanks again I sure am enjoying the truck. And yea I thought about a pressure switch too but ill see how it goes this way. Right now its working great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online