So what did you do with your truck today?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shops are never large enough.
I have one 40 x 50 Pole Barn, and a 30 x 18.
Original owner that built the house etc... worked for the Phone Co. and I think things were a bit more relaxed than today. he built the small shop out of Phone Pole cross arms for Studs and Rafters. There was an old Gold mine up the hill and think he got the corrugated sheet metal from there. and some 4 x 8 sheets of compressed saw dust board, to cover it first.
(don`t think they make that stuff today) It is quite comfortable in the winter, but I did insulate it and cover the inside with chip board. Calked every crack where air could get in and painted it white. Then installed 9 of the Costco shop lights.
I got one 30 ft wall done and each end while Trump was in. $7.65 a sheet for chip board, then Biden messin around it jumped to $70.
Be a while till I finish.
I did replace the old door, 7 x 10 to a roll up insulated like what you have.

Big shop has Barn Doors on each end, so hard to keep out the dust and rodents. I did get part of it framed in and insulated.

Always wanted a shop to work in, but too many treasure have filled them up. So yesterday Iam under the truck in the dirt.

Those shop door hangers have gone up a lot since I was looking at them yr n half ago.
This one is about the cheapest.

I did buy one of the metal frames for lifting off a bed. Kind of handy. Used it 3 times now. getting good at it.
Think I paid $175

Goat

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the Dana 50 pulled out, and the 60 swapped in. Sits 1/2” higher in the front now. Only 3/4” taller in the back now, pretty close to level.

Looking forward to seeing how it drives, but my oil cooler has developed a pretty bad leak… so I’ll need to deal with that before I go drive it again…

It seems to me that I’ll actually have a tighter turning radius now too

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon

I got one 30 ft wall done and each end while Trump was in. $7.65 a sheet for chip board, then Biden messin around it jumped to $70.
Be a while till I finish.

Goat
Shops are never large enough!!!! You sho rite bout that!!!
Rented a 10,000' shop cheap once for my welding shop. Less than a yr later already runned out of room!!

And when Trump was in I getting stuff to build my current shop.......Bought a big GN trailer load of 5/8" NEW painted MDO 4'x8' for $16.50/sheet at a salvage overrun business over in Eugene, Or.. Biden drove it up to $75-85/sheet!!!!!!!!!!!

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one 40 x 50 Pole Barn, and a 30 x 18.
My shop is 40×60. 40×40 of it is enclosed and the rest is under cover, that's where I have the four post lift. It's all under one roof and I'm planning to enclose the part where the lift is at. I have a 10×12 block shed for the lawn equipment and an 8×8 metal shed that has the wood working tools in it. The bride has turned that into a she shed.
Big shop has Barn Doors on each end, so hard to keep out the dust and rodents. I did get part of it framed in and insulated.
Barn doors is my plan for the area where the lift is at. I have a shop cat so between her and any neighborhood cats, there's no concerns with rodents. Possums and raccoons occasionally. I think at this stage of the game, spray foam insulation might be the way to go for me. I'll just have to cover all my stuff before I attempt it. I had to look up chip board because I never heard of that before.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trim panel on my tailgate fell off today... one end came loose because the flimsy sheet metal clip broke, and then the bumps did the rest.
Looks like I need the clips and the three large plastic mounting pieces too. Any idea where to get them? thanks.

Attachments

• 20240318_123515.jpg
    20240318_123515.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240318_123527.jpg
    20240318_123527.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 3

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The top halves of the plastic mounting pieces are intact, so I hung the trim panel on them and bolted each end to the tailgate where the metal clips used to live. And a screw in the center into the middle plastic brace. It's not going to come off now and the two bolt heads are barely noticeable. MacGyvered it! ;Sweet

While I was back there, I also removed the many screws holding the access panel, and lubricated the handle mechanism. Some dry Teflon lube for the latches themselves. Now you don't have to practically break the handle off to open the tailgate, and no slamming is needed - just push it closed :)

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spring cleaning on the dually. I didn't wash it, it really has to be bad for me to wash it. But I vacuumed it really big with the Kirby Zip Brush and washed the tires and wheels. I aluminum brighted the rims and did some tire shiny stuff. So even though the factory paint is faded and it's probably one of the top three ugliest colors, the wheels and tires look good and the inside is clean.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The top halves of the plastic mounting pieces are intact, so I hung the trim panel on them and bolted each end to the tailgate where the metal clips used to live. And a screw in the center into the middle plastic brace. It's not going to come off now and the two bolt heads are barely noticeable. MacGyvered it! ;Sweet

While I was back there, I also removed the many screws holding the access panel, and lubricated the handle mechanism. Some dry Teflon lube for the latches themselves. Now you don't have to practically break the handle off to open the tailgate, and no slamming is needed - just push it closed :)
Dennis carpenter has some obscure stuff like that, buuttttt $$$$$$$$$......

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already have hydro boost, working on electric cruise, deleted the c6 trans so I figured now that napa refused warranty on my vacuum pump it was time for an electric
Man do I love to see made in USA parts
Mounted it where my factory Jack would go
It auto shuts off when done making vacuum
Actuates max ac and my heater core shut off and it’s done I plug a vacuum line and it starts pumping again
I bet I even saved a horse power deleted the mechanical pump LOL

Attachments

• IMG_4264.jpeg
    IMG_4264.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4263.jpeg
    IMG_4263.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 8