So what did you do with your truck today?

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a VW Rabbit pickup with an 1.5 idi engine. 54 mpg and the most awesome a/c on the planet. My late friend Ron (RIP) was a wizard at a/c and worked his magic on the system. I witnessed 31 degree air from the vents, driving through Mertzon Texas on a 101 degree day! It was so nice to drive something that got 35 in town and 50+ on the highway. I overhauled the little engine once and sold it only because the body was in bad shape.. VWs are fun to work on.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Lunch time looked pretty bright today. I had a package waiting for me when I got home. One pair for the Ex Wife (someday), and the other as a spare.
After work, I took my new traveling buddy for a ride. This was about 40-45 miles and it's the longest one that he's been on yet. He did fine on the state highway and the US highway I was on, but wasn't real thrilled with the rough black top that was on the county roads that connected them. I'm doing this for two reasons, first, he has an appointment next week to become a tenderfoot that sings soprano. The main reason is that he's so much younger than the other cats, I figure that it will be nicer for him to go along with me on overnight or longer trips than to stay at home by himself. This picture was during a snack stop (for extra bribery).

Attachments

• 102_4464.JPG
    102_4464.JPG
    380.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 102_4463.JPG
    102_4463.JPG
    425.6 KB · Views: 12

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lunch time looked pretty bright today. I had a package waiting for me when I got home. One pair for the Ex Wife (someday), and the other as a spare.
After work, I took my new traveling buddy for a ride. This was about 40-45 miles and it's the longest one that he's been on yet. He did fine on the state highway and the US highway I was on, but wasn't real thrilled with the rough black top that was on the county roads that connected them. I'm doing this for two reasons, first, he has an appointment next week to become a tenderfoot that sings soprano. The main reason is that he's so much younger than the other cats, I figure that it will be nicer for him to go along with me on overnight or longer trips than to stay at home by himself. This picture was during a snack stop (for extra bribery).
Oh dang double and triple nice! You don’t see a cat in a truck much! Met a guy at a marina once with a cat named Diesel.
Those LEDs look awesome

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....road cat! sweet...

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Those LEDs look awesome
They are the same ones that I put in my Blue Truck last week and they are awesome! I had almost 2 hours on the road with them after dark last Friday night and that was the first time in a long time that I felt safe driving the speed limit after dark.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cat ***** used to go for rides with his dog. On long trips when we would stop at a drive through for something to eat, people were always surprised when he would stand at the window and say hi to them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not totally sure, but i cant imagine there is any kind of emissions system on this. I will probably straight pipe it anyway.

Not my trailer unfortunately i borrowed it, but yes aluminum with tilt and a winch. Never loaded a vehicle so easily
Another vehicle was on the short lift of "last things i need" but i just had a hair to grab this one, for the specific reason you mentioned. I love driving the dually on WVO everywhere, but it would just be nice to have a small car that also burns waste oil. I'm extremely invested in the waste oil fuel infrastructure at this point and it only makes sense
I have a 22 ft steel deck with ramps. Added a Tractor Supply tongue box, and installed a HF 12K lb Winch with battery inside it. Cut a hole for the Fair lead, just need to figure out a cover to keep the Rain/Snow/Rodents out.

I wanted a Tilt trailer, since I used one at work for 30 years, a Miller 2 axle with duals to haul equipment that was a tilt.

Buddy of mine in Oregon has a Bob Cat Skid Steer and was looking for the Back Hoe for it. Found one on CL for $3K in Reno, Nv., that 60 miles north of me.
Hooked up the trailer and headed up there, thing was pretty clean, no leaks, and not beat up.
For some reason his BC wasn`t plumbed for the Hyd connections, and the Hoe was fully extended. (15ft long) Hooked up the quick attachment part and a chain to hold the top up to the machine. Then drove up the ramps and set it down.
If I had a Tilt Trailer, and especially one with the front 6ft that doesn`t tilt, would have made it more difficult to load.

Week later my Oregon buddy came down, but with his 16ft tilt. We needed to load with the heavy end of the Hoe to the front.
My neighbor has a BC, and used it to unload off my trailer.
Luckly he has a set of Forks, and we got the hoe lifted with some straps, and he backed his trailer under the lifted load. The Forks gave us the added reach and clear the fenders as he backed under.

There is no perfect Trailer, each type has it`s uses. Mine is a 2015 model, bought it in 2020 for $4500, and was like new. It weighs 2700LBS, be nice if it was Aluminum. Guy moved here from Kansas, and didn`t need it.

Goat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86