So what did you do with your truck today?

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On really old stuck hoses I use a knife and slice it lengthwise along the neck. Can't use it again, but comes off nice and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Can sometimes grab it with some channel locks right where the clamp would sit and twist it to break it free.
Sometimes still renders it unusable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Cutting is your best bet only way mine came the 86 channel locks might work give it a shot and report back.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah,just slice it off.you don't want a old used upper rad hose as a spare for anything.if you keep your hoses changed every 60k miles then you'll never need a spare.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut it. You will destroy the hose trying to get it loose if you use big plyers or another wrench.

Dave

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Violence it is! Nothing like a simple solution :D

My next project is flushing the block and heater core to try and get the stop-leak crap out. I didn't flush it when I changed my coolant last time and my fresh coolant turned murky pink-brown real quick, gonna try and avoid that this time.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This came out of my truck today:

You must be registered for see images attach

Now I'm waiting for my new radiator to arrive, hopefully it'll be this week.

I can't believe how easy it was to remove. 4 shroud bolts, 4 radiator bolts, 3 hoses, DONE. I had a harder time finding a place that would dispose of my antifreeze than I did removing the radiator, and I have zero hands-on experience with this stuff. I barely even got wet, just enough to make me smell pretty :D

The one part I'm having trouble with is getting the upper hose off the thermostat housing. I can't get it to move an inch. I'm thinking I might just bring the violence with a box cutter, anyone have a better idea? Ideally I'd like to keep it as a spare, but I'm not attached to it, and I might have already tweaked it from pulling and twisting.

I tend to use a cotter pin puller under hose amd work it around fitting....

Call it the hoo haw tool myzelf...works wonders on heater hoses too.

There is an actual rad hose tool but well hoo haw tool works fine fer me

JM7.3CW

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 months ago,After having a new windshield installed'( by aaa insurance co's in house company' all star glass, ) then having the glass co send out the paintless dent repair guy out for $350 in repair work.... I got to call glass co to come do another one cuz this one leaks!-cuss
Idiots ! I was lazy! My bad!

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Finally have an exhaust. Last one broke off at downpipe in July and is probably still lying on the side of the road in CT. One local shop wanted $700, another wanted $500, neither had pipe or dies for bender in the shop and would be a fiasco. Under $100 with a fancy tip not included in shop prices and I get a mandrel bend too. Just need an expander to extend the tip just past the bed side and add one hanger, but looking forward to everything not being covered in soot every time I work on anything.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, yesterday solved my intermittent charging problem. I did a 3G conversion on the dually, my free 6G gave up after a year. Did some research and its not all that great but it was free.
Anyway I have several 3G units, one reman by a local shop, the one I ran years ago, and when they closed up last year the owner gave me several. He couldnt sell them as the kid that was working there had no business doing auto electric work. I fixed literally hundreds of units for the owner to keep farmers happy.
But I digress, Got a new plug for it and all was well for a while ,then random batt light, no charge, then start working. Checked connections, all good, changed to another alt, worked for 2 days, ****!!! So Put on a junkyard one I have and it lit right off, so I thought well the rebuilds are suspect. WRONG, the aftermarket plug that everyone sell is a real POS, ...

The moral of this drawn out story is, buy the motorcraft repair plug. PT# WPT119, about 10 to 15 bucks. Or get the one off donor vehicle.

The problem with the others is that the terminals are soo far recessed that they barely touch the regulator pins. and even bending them with a probe doesnt help. the depth is the issue.

If this helps one person I will rejoice .LOL

http://www.motorcraft.com/servlet/B...here=1249145887833&blobcol=urlblob&blobkey=id

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not done it yet but fixing to start welding up a muffler after supper.....
anybody ever used a Stanley tractor muffler? :dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online