So what did you do with your truck today?

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
ain't done much latley other then Haulin a gooseneck around for a parade float

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

joel1847

Reaction score
Delivered 275 gallons of water to a family south of town who have lost their well a couple months back. With coil over shocks in the rear, the truck almost sits level, even when loaded past GVWR.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my new radiator yesterday. Perfect fit, I was expecting to have to make some modifications but nope. It dropped right in. Gotta give the cheap Chinese Autozone junk some credit there.

Now all I have left to do is replace my heater hoses and the little T fitting that I broke, fill it with coolant, and my truck will be ready for its next breakdown :D

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now all I have left to do is replace my heater hoses and the little T fitting that I broke, fill it with coolant, and my truck will be ready for its next breakdown :D

ah yes,it's the small moments between repairs with those old gems that we cherish isn't it? lol.

when 900 years old you reach, look as good, you will not.:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KifNgw5wEE

beware,after seeing the force awakens i went on a star wars marathon......again lol.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Delivered 275 gallons of water to a family south of town who have lost their well a couple months back. With coil over shocks in the rear, the truck almost sits level, even when loaded past GVWR.
You're new. Welcome.
Pic didn't work, BTW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

joel1847

Reaction score
Today I replaced the driver side bank of the fuel injection return lines. I've got two busted fingers on my right hand right now so it took longer than I expected and I ran outta time before I had to run and take care of other things.

We'll see if this attached pic works.

Joel
norcal

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Put a second hanger on that exhaust, and found this...

Felt like a broken motor mount, I was close. Explains some of the rattling and vibration the past couple days.

joel1847

Reaction score
Is your exhaust just a straight exhaust? Curious as to how it sounds and how much HP increase there is. I still have the stock exhaust and it's time for either a new free flow muffler or just a straight pipe.

I should probably check my mounts too as I have an occasional vibration coming from transfer case area.

Joel
norcal

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
3" pipe straight back and mandrel 90* out the side. Pics in the last post on previous page of this thread. Sounds quiet, but I'm coming from broken off right at the downpipe. Truck had straight through exhaust with a few bends out at 45* at rear bumper when I got it, cut that short when I put a 38 gal rear tank and exhaust didn't fit, then broke off, now out the side. No muffler on this truck ever and loudness has varied from slightly loud and droney with nothing but a downpipe, damn quiet out the rear and pretty quiet out the side. Turbo is a great muffler.

As for power, this thing has been a torqueless wonder since I got it. I wouldn't be surprised if my bike makes more torque. It is what it is and will do what you ask so long as you're patient. Nothing you do to the exhaust will make an appreciable difference. If you're never set the timing, do that. That made a night and day difference in both power and MPG (from 8.5 to 12 MPG) going from 6.5* to a about 9*, but it's still slow. Aside from that, cram more air and fuel in there and watch the pyro. Add head studs. Coming from a big block guy, I don't think there's much you can do to get more power out of these for cheap like on a 460. Head porting, better exhaust pre-turbo, but benefits are less than on a NA gas engine is my understanding.

joel1847

Reaction score
MPG-wise, I get better than I did with my 390, but it had points and a 2 barrel carb. I went from 9mpg to 12 and change when I went with a K&N air filter. It did increase intake noise though, but I kinda like it. I haven't adjusted the timing yet, but I have looked into it. I've only had the truck about 6 months, so I'm playing catch up on maint and repairs. This engine has no turbo, but has a fairly fresh rebuild. This engine pulls hard all the way up to redline and then I run out of gears with the C6 and 4.10's. But it will pull anything I put behind it. The pyro will probably be my next mod. At least then I can better judge improvements.

Joel
norcal

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
went and looked at some 285's my buddy has that imma buy. Unfortunately the rims are 5 lug or Id probley buy them to

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I replaced the heater hose T-fitting that I broke with a brass one from Home Depot, and now I have all but one heater hose replaced. The clamp for the hose going from the T to the passenger side head / block is in a terrible spot, and I can't get a socket on to loosen it. Ran out of daylight today, maybe tomorrow it'll be more cooperative.

I also went to the stealership today to pick up my new radiator caps (I bought two just to have a spare, I'm paranoid). I specified that I wanted 13# caps and even asked the parts guy to verify that the cap he was ordering was 13#, and what do I get? 16# caps. Apparently that's all they sell for IDI's now. I ate the restocking fee and told the guy I didn't want them. Hopefully the El Cheapo 13# caps from O'Reilly's will do the job, Made In China but what can ya do :dunno

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
-removed cargo from the bed
-removed receiver
-locked toolbox
-lowered CB antenna
-removed keys from ignition
-locked doors

Introduced the truck to some inner city life today.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk