So what did you do with your truck today?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the idi section not the psd section lol.:backoff ;Poke

well that's better with an air cleaner hooked up sucking in the outside air.so i was able to keep my foot in it and spike 1k EGT up a very steep hill.not much on the truck right now.about 500 lbs of chips and wood id guess.i should go dump that.anyway about 9k lb total weight.so i will need to be careful when loaded up.
i wonder what Mel would think of me backing the fuel down a flat.i'll call the shop tomorrow.this sucker goes some nice though i tell ya what.i can't stop grinning.:D
too bad my EGT gauge couldn't be set to beep at me at a specified setting.i guess im just nervous about having to actually watch that gauge now lol.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember reading a thread a long time ago where Gary turned down his moose pump and it didn't go well. Mel of course is the guy to ask. Sounds like you need more intercooler or turbo or a warning gauge... Gauge is the cheapest option but probably not the funniest option. [emoji6]

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I did turn down my first Moose pump to a level below what a stock pump puts out. That was why I had some what felt like heat soak issues. So I bought another Moose and had Mel install it at the 2009 rally in ky. Got 18.9 mpg doing 75 to 85 mph driving home too....:eek::thumbsup: When mel opened it up to rebuild it he contacted me telling me no problems found. Just too low of fuel delivery and that was me doing that... I do make mistakes and I sure do post them here. If I made one I sure hope I can help others avoid them. Thats what makes this forum so great. Moose pumps are way more than what you pay for. They are built much better than a new stock pump so they outlive new pumps. Now when is the last time you saw a new pump offered anywhere. I have seen new remanufactured or newly rebuilt but those are a horse of a different color.;Really

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i have always wanted a firmer shift going into OD with chip truck.this trans is a hd reman w/ transgo tugger kit.
so i figured today was a good day to just get this done,since while im upgrading the performance of the truck.so i increased the hole for 4th in the calibration plate (as suspected he was a bit bashful on this particular hole size....i wasn't lol.) while in there i kinda "touched up" 2nd and 3rd a little too.:D
i'll do a trans flush now.tomorrow i'll run out with the car and grab a couple cases of mercon 5.it's time for a flush anyway too.
You must be registered for see images attach

she's all buttoned back up.i'll remove a cooler line and let the pump empty the converter then start to fill her back up with fresh lube in the am.

i did stay a bit smaller on the hole sizes in the plate as compared to how i drilled out the plate in log truck due to having an extra low stall converter.the instructions state to be careful on the size (follow the 300-6 gas size then go larger as needed from there) when running a low stall converter than oem.so it should be decent now.all shifts were "crisp" but now they should be a bit "snappy" like in log trucks.

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember reading a thread a long time ago where Gary turned down his moose pump and it didn't go well. Mel of course is the guy to ask. Sounds like you need more intercooler or turbo or a warning gauge... Gauge is the cheapest option but probably not the funniest option. [emoji6]
no more room for a bigger cooler in this truck due to my plow push plates.nah im just used to the n/a ip probably where it was pretty much impossible to peg the EGT gauge.i'll have to work the truck for a weak or two to see how it goes.im probably just paranoid......but far better to be a bit on the careful side when trying new things anyway.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got some more electrical taken care of today. Built my 2Ga. Power lead to GP relay...ya 2ga fer real.

Also pulled a bunch of non stock wiring out and disconnected the exhaust brake wiring too.

Bout to revamp the GP harness too new blue bullet ends n such as well as a few other mods. That should make the NEW beru work well.

It is always simplest to return bad crap to stock wiring and diagnose issues than try to solve problems with craptastic wiring of unkown origin.

I cannot wait because once this is all wrapped up I will swap in my champion rad and be golden.

Just so close to driving a diesel once again.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New set of Hankook Dynapro ATM 10 Ply Boots installed today.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to change dash from red to grey however thanks to Ford for switching wiring harness between 87 & 89, had to not only pull the entire dash but also the complete AC unit and underhood wiring. Also noticed the plugs for the rear tail lights and FSV went from square to round plugs (UGH!) Hate wiring problems! Started painting inside cab and firewall.
Door's, hood, front fenders, complete bed, lund visor and bushwacker flares at paint shop right now. Hood hinges, hood springs, battery boxes, other underhood brackets at powdercoating. Ordered new F350 front leaf springs.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Hauled some stuff

Attachments

• IMG_3078.JPG
    IMG_3078.JPG
    573.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2992.JPG
    IMG_2992.JPG
    476.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2990.JPG
    IMG_2990.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2988.JPG
    IMG_2988.JPG
    435.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2986.JPG
    496.7 KB · Views: 27

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Victoria Paint Scheme!!!!! That is my favorite Ford paint scheme on these trucks. We had one back in the day!!!!!!

That paint job cost $1500 back in the 80's.............

I DO like it but its days might be numbered...planning on a paint job before cold weather sets in and to keep it simple I was thinking of doing the gray/silver that's on the hood for the body and black below the lower trim/molding.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Shed is an acceptable S word..... I was afraid it was the Scrap "S" word......

I actually chased one through Greenfield that was on a trailer with another "disposable" lawn mower. I was afraid it was going to scrap. One I caught him, he told me it was his, and it was taking it to get it worked on....... well that fell through, so now it is sitting in my garage, for me to look at, and see if I can get it going..... It is a late IH one, that is a One Owner.... so a cool tractor to be able to work on......

The funniest part about this, when I followed him through town and caught up to him when he stopped.... I was driving my P71........ LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel