So what did you do with your truck today?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received Champion 4-core Rad. on Friday and it was damaged in numerous places. One core breached and brackets bend in several places. Sent pictures with request for return and replacement.
You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BANG! goes the passenger front tire today on log truck! good thing i was going slow and easy.she blew out right at a right turn,just a mile down the road from the garage i was taking it to for a safety inspection today.had to run over and get a new tire mounted but she made it to the shop in the end.LOL

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received Champion 4-core Rad. on Friday and it was damaged in numerous places. One core breached and brackets bend in several places. Sent pictures with request for return and replacement.

wouldn't you think that co. would learn by now that their shipping packing sucks.dang it all to hell.i want to try one of these 4 cores next (cus ready rads copper/brass don't hold up for me) but it sure sucks to keep reading they're still doing the same old song and dance with their poor shipping methods.

well when they send ya a replacement,please keep us updated on how ya like it wont ya brother?

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you don't mind, other than the shipping problems, I would like to ask a few questions about the radiator.

I would love to see a picture down inside to compare my 3 core to your 4 core. Also, how thick overall is the radiator?

Just curious if it really is better than the "old design".

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BANG! goes the passenger front tire today on log truck! good thing i was going slow and easy.she blew out right at a right turn,just a mile down the road from the garage i was taking it to for a safety inspection today.had to run over and get a new tire mounted but she made it to the shop in the end.LOL

No Bang here, but was looking in my stash of tires for one for my Winstar, holy **** theres a brand new Wrangler mounted I'd forgot about. The 92 has a tire that keeps going flat, so I proceeded to put the Wrangler on, damn can't get the studs lined up, went and got my trustie HF 12 ton air operated hyd. jack, still can't line up the studs, got a piece of cardboard and greased it, tire and rim is to heavy for me to manhandle it, ah now I can slide it into place, still won't line up, damn, 9/16" studs, 1/2" holes, get drill and my HF step drill bit, broke drill bit, get another one, there that aught to do it, still won't go on, well I'll be a SOB, that's the spare for the PSD, 170mm bolt circle. 2-1/2 hrs, 8 PM I'm dead tired. Damn Ford and there midyear changes.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure thing! I'll keep all posted regarding the replacement. I will say this, they shipped the replacement immediately! Suppose to be here Friday. The damaged one is still sitting in my garage. They told me UPS may send shipping label to return it however so far I haven't received anything.
Unfortunately it may be several weeks before I actually install this therefore comments regarding fit will wait till then. It does look very nice and well built.

CPDENTON, simply let me know which dimensions you would like to know, I can measure the damaged one......... Can also provide photos of anything you would like to see.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
goin on my psd but I wanted to post it here.takin a ranch had for a dodge and putting it on a obs for.i got the bumper for free so I can't complain but the welds done on it were all done with a 100 dollar 90 amp harbor freight flux core welder.this is 1/8 inch thick steel I think it was idk but it's thick.this thing actually burnt through. Which I perposly did just to see it it would.this little welder impressed me.ive done exhaust work with it welded rust patches on my buddy's mustang and now this.i strongly suggest it to anyone lookin for one on a budget to mess around with.ive made some really good welds with it to lol

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Reaction score

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Adjusted intermediate band on my C6. Was slipping really bad on either up or down shift into second. Turns out it was way loose. No more slipping, shifts are quick and firm. Happy I don't have an imminent need to rebuild and swap in my ZF5, but a little bummed that it'll probably be a little while before I get a real trans in the truck now.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received replacement 4-core Champion Rad on Friday. The exterior of the box was damaged again and I feared what this one might look like however the only damage was one bracket on top was bent. I'll gladly straighten it and use.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the weekend I contracted a minor case of "Laserjock Flu". Diagnosed as "minor" simply because my truck is currently in 1000 pieces while his (a more serious infection) is in 10,000 pieces! My hat is off to anyone willing to go that far......... Anyway, with wrench in hand I started on the interior and well, one thing lead to another and before I knew it there was nothing left to put my wrench on (other than the dash which still needs to be removed and both seat belt anchors that claimed the last two #50 torex bits I had which were snapped off in the effort). Finish removing dash and then it's off to paint!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I feel honored to have a disease named after me. I wish I could take credit for discovering it but I'm just another victim. It seems to be a common sense resistant strain of "while-I'm-in-there-itis".

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey catbird pay special attention the week or two after. My 4 core from Champion had a slow leak from the middle from day one. But it took a week or a bit more before I knew for sure it was in fact the radiator core with an issue and not something else (slow hose seep or something).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828