So what did you do with your truck today?

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did you use to glue it back on? seems like the glue now a days sucks the big one, all of my older cars have had no issue even after 50 years of service.

my F350, lasted literally months. new glass installed by a professional.
Haven't done it yet; I'm just gonna use the Permatex stuff that's made for mirror mounts.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
what did you use to glue it back on? seems like the glue now a days sucks the big one, all of my older cars have had no issue even after 50 years of service.

my F350, lasted literally months. new glass installed by a professional.

Brian,

Do you have anything hanging from you rear view mirror? I've seen in the past that "stuff" hanging from the mirror will help to pull them off the windshield fairly quickly. We had a couple that wouldn't stay on the window, but there was a small item hanging from it. We took all the stuff off it, and the last time it was put back, it stayed for years..... We used the little 2 tube package with the glass vial and the tube of glue. We also made sure it let it cure at least overnight, or longer, before we reinstalled the mirror on the "button". This also seemed to help.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Hey guys! First post here, just joined the other day. I realigned my passenger side door. Not quite done with it, the bottom lines arent perfect but I can open and close it now without destroying the fender.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! First post here, just joined the other day. I realigned my passenger side door. Not quite done with it, the bottom lines arent perfect but I can open and close it now without destroying the fender.

Welcome!

A wise man once told me, "Son, it ain't a Mercedes." Don't expect your doors to line up perfect. You can drive yourself nuts messing with it. A lot of guys use a paint stick to set the gaps. I taped 2 together to get mine about even. Pick a the line you will see the most and work from it.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score

If your rad support is rusted that will affect your door alignment too

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your rad support is rusted that will affect your door alignment too
fender alignment or door alignment? o.0 :D

Brian,

Do you have anything hanging from you rear view mirror? I've seen in the past that "stuff" hanging from the mirror will help to pull them off the windshield fairly quickly. We had a couple that wouldn't stay on the window, but there was a small item hanging from it. We took all the stuff off it, and the last time it was put back, it stayed for years..... We used the little 2 tube package with the glass vial and the tube of glue. We also made sure it let it cure at least overnight, or longer, before we reinstalled the mirror on the "button". This also seemed to help.
ivegotmymysbabysshoeshanginfrommyrearview...

sorry, that's a song from a local band lol
had the kids shoes on the rearview.
heavy on the HAD.
also I use those wide mirrors to see better.
hell, I actually hung a BBC aluminum connecting rod on my 65 oldsmobubble.
lasted for months! until I had to hit the brakes hard one day.
new windshield!

Last edited:

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Thanks to a couple of ob'ers for parts I managed to get my dually officially 4x4 today.

Jon sold me the driveshaft and Corey (dieselcrawler) sold me a tcase with he proper front output yoke...

Now she's powering all 6!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Out with the old, in with the new. I can't believe I bought the copper radiator brand new, I've had this truck a while now.
You must be registered for see images

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
bought the stuff to do the relay mod now I'm waitin on my head lights and also does anyone else's oil psi run this low at idle.ive never seen it this low and it kinda worried me.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Got the headlight relay mod done with my new hid's.my dumba$$ bought 12000k hids cause I thought they were the brightest turns out there the dimest so I'll be buy new bulbs sometime anyway they ain't to bad but man my bumper screws up the light out put

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did a transport from Eureka to SJ yesterday. It was a good three days for my truck and I to get some road time.;Sweet

Attachments

• P1040507.JPG
    P1040507.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 25
  • P1040503.JPG
    P1040503.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score
Ordered Champion MC1165 4-core Rad.

Lucky! I'm planning on buying one soon as well. I have the 3-row now, but wouldn't mind the extra capacity for peace of mind.

As for me, I finished installing an aftermarket keyless entry system in the truck today. Can't stop playing with it!

Mike

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
built some custom light bar mounts for my 52 inch straight light bar.paid 60 for the light bar so why pay 160 for mount when I could build um