So what did you do with your truck today?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed my engine oil to 5w40the Synthetic for the winter and again used the SD size filter. Cleaned and reclamped the battery cables on the batteries as well as coating the terminals and cable ends in grease to protect from corrosion. I know it sounds weird to some, but I've done it since I was about 14 and learned it from my old farmer neighbor.

Also replaced worn out wiper blades and worked up my winter pack that I carry with me in whatever vehicle I am driving. Getting ready for some hauling I need to do with the gooseneck like hauling a couple of projects across state to the other property where I plan on working out if the snow in the barn there.

Other than that, I was supposed to haul some firewood before hunting next week, but I think my brother could do it once.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought new wiper blades and some conventional Rotella T 15w40 a couple days ago for the Auto Rx treatment i bought today.

Got my used/core injection pump to have a spare and maybe send off to be rebuilt. Might go with injectors and return lines first to take care of the fuel leaks.

Brought back 20 sheets of 1/2" hardibacker for a tile job

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add...that my new to me

Toyo M55 tyres rocked pretty darn good in the snow we passed through the other day....next I gotta get them commercially siped for even better snow traction.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can30diesel, Where is that tailgate cover from?

The diamond plate on the tailgate was on it when I picked it up from pick a part. the whole truck box was lined with it, I just had enough money at the time to grab the tailgate, and of course later on a dana 60 diff bent the gate a bit which really annoyed me.

Black dawg

Reaction score
Just wanted to add...that my new to me

Toyo M55 tyres rocked pretty darn good in the snow we passed through the other day....next I gotta get them commercially siped for even better snow traction.

I usually wait till they are half tread or so to sipe them. When they are new or close to, they have plenty of bite.

nitroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WIN and WIN again!...

PICTURES...we want pictures...and lots of details...

Details will have to come, I'm buried in the move at present (from Seattle to Kalispell MT. With a 1 year old). But it's a '93 F250 Turbo 7.3L that sounds cherry (favorite part of the day is starting my truck). 193k miles on it. New tranny a year ago, all new ball joints, head gaskets, belts, hoses, alternator, starter, batteries, fluids, tires, and more that he listed. Owned by a diesel mechanic that seemed really trustworthy. Body is straight and clean as can be, interior is practically brand new (the guy put seat covers on it the day he bought it).

I LOVE MY TRUCK! It's the first diesel I've owned. First full size truck I've owned. Heck, it's the first 4 weel drive vehicle I've owned! My old 2wd ranger has NOTHIN' on this beast!

You must be registered for see images attach

First thing to learn: how to park it...

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah nitro, that thing looks good!

well, i got the shipment of two bottles of auto rx. I think this truck of mine will be a whole new beast come spring. I am deciding whether or not to buy a turbo and then get a turbo calibrated moose pump if i'm gonna get a pump anyway. The bad thing is that even an NA pump, injectors and return lines will probably make a world of difference for me. $1500-2k is a lot of dough though when my truck is still running just fine for me right now.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy stopped by....dropped of one set of semi truck chains...singles...I've gotta cut them down..but they will work fine...now for another set....

Then I went to a friends, Dwayne....and we hammered out a swap...he wants some parts...I get a 92 OBS extended cab truck...I just want that cab...has a diesel engine...but unkown condition...no IP..pulled wrong way too...no injectors or GP's....NO BOX...clip is shot..but I get all the wiring and such...and it's a TAN interiour...just what I was after!

I'm happy I'll be getting that asap...pulling cab and sand/paint, mod firewall for turbo DP clearance and then ready to install on white Rhino!...Hmmm...means new name...ok I'll thunk that out...

Then...drove up to mobile home park see a man about shoring up my trailer....HE"S coming tomorrow to do the job...then I'll finish the insulation on the skirting and be done...WOO HOO...

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was with my dad's. Several guys in the group were surprised how well it moved along and how well it maintained speed until the hills rolled in. I am guessing that I had about 12k in tow. This is the first trailer I pulled with a stick and the stopping power is awesome when people pull out in front of you, brake on three axles also help:backoff. It rocked along at a solid 10.3mpg on the way up (the 8.1L chevy was rocking single digit with only 6500-7000lbs in tow), the trip back was miserable. A 3.5 hour drive turned into a 5 hour trip with a constant 20MPH headwind and a stop and go meal:mad:.

Last edited:

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carried a buddys International (industrial not Farmall) Super A to a local church sponsered show.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7