So what did you do with your truck today?

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put new batteries in and a new posi cable. Facet fuel pump. Fired it up for 1st time with new to me motor and took it for a spin to go vote. No leaks ;Sweet
Need to adjust timing a bit not enough giddie up.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to Home Depot tonight and put 12 sheets of gypsum board and a bundle of insulation in the truck. I don't think the truck saw this as doing something significant.:rolleyes:LOL

i had 20 sheets in the back of the truck a while ago, it almost made 1st gear useful.

also bought an injection pump online use/rebuild.

blackbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let me try this one more time,
You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FREAK ME OUT that' a nice lookin engine...do show the back side too...I see wrapped pipes!

Damn fine looking nice work...I see u can now post pictures....Kudos!

blackbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill have to get more and better pics. those were the last two i took from the other day. the manifolds to the turbine housing and elbow are ceramic coated. the crossover and up pipe are wrapped, and so will the down pipe. i dont know if it was the insulation clamped to the pipes but there was some chattering against the firewall in the down pipe area. i think this will help eliminate any noise.

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam that is a sweet looking engine. Wish I had the time to detail the engine I just put in that much.

I did adjust my timing today and put the front bumper back on. Oh and gave her a bath for the 1st time all year. Sure is nice to drive her again.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In this image here I finally see the IDLER pulley next to PS pump.

Can you please show me a close up of where that IDLER pulley bolts too?:confused:

Also can you please measure the diameter of the POWER STEERING pump pulley? I have several and need to know I am choosing the correct one!:D

I appreciate any help you can provide...:hail

BTW...sure hope that's NOT teflon tape on the fittings in the WATER PIMP:mad::backoff

Oh ya....where are your clamps for the injection lines? I hope you have those they are a needed/required part! Just saying...

Again...thanks

AL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Muwa ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa....today...because I have all that excellent weight on the deck, I was finally able to throw the truck up on a couple of rocks, that allowed for some kewl POSER shots....I still want to install my lockers and fab some swaybar disconnects....but for now, this is darn kewl!

First rock I played on....

And the second rock I played on sure is fun!

As you can see it does flex, it may flex somewhat better if I make a floating deck...Hmmm...got me thinking for sure! Absolutely will flex better with some fabbed sway bar disconnects! Clearly that's going to be higher on my agenda!

I might just have to go have some fun doing some wheeling soon...rofl.

Anyway just thought I'd show what I did today...this is of course after I took my dog Sherydan out for our play time and a walk.

I have some more pics and a short video for my pics around where I live thread in the lounge...they are next to be uploaded!

Al

blackbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRCC, the idler pulley bolts to the bracket thats holding the PS pump, ac compressor, vac pump and tensioner. its right below the tensioner. all of which is bolted to the head with three long bolts. im not near the engine now but hopefully this weekend ill get back to it and take a measurement with some photos. the IP is just sitting in place so i can see what lines go where, the clamps will be installed after i have all the parts together. i used high temp thread sealant on the fittings. maybe someone will answer you before me but i wont be able to till the weekend. i cant remember if there was a bolt for the PS pulley either?

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let me try this one more time,

no joke, that is nice!;Sweet

you know, i see these people painting their engines all some fancy colors by engine system, or all grey, or all red. you get what i'm saying. I say paint the cast iron and let everything else be what it is.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is what i got now-

Thanks,

YUP I got that bracket and fully comprehend how it attaches...it's missing the Idler pulley and that's it. I have a NEW tensioner so now I have to get an idler and mounting bolt!

If you or anyone can measure a SERP PS pulley diameter that would be great.

I think I'm going to pull all my pulleys off everything, and then paint them a nice Satin black I'd like to get my serp mount brackets sand/bead blasted and then coated with clear for a nice FRESH cast appearance prior to installation!

You've got my interest with your paint/coatings going on....Hmmm...satin black valve covers....wish we had some custom finned cast ones!

Anyway thanks again for that pic, I was able to identify the boss for the idler on mine.

Al

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got real sick of the truck stumbling on hot restarts. i got some serious air intrusion problems and they are ******* me off. I could buy a pump/injectors/returnlines or just replace all of the old fuel lines and caps/ o-rings. that will take care of most of my problem, it seems. I use this thing 6 days a week so downtime is minimal.