So what did you do with your truck today?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i got the new tires put on today and the truck got mad someone else was working on it and wouldnt start after the tires were put on it fired fine lol

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Helped a buddy haul away a 78 1 Ton and misc scrap extra parts.

You must be registered for see images attach

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, i like the tranny on the ground, and the deere in the back......and the mountains and the trailer too......shoot i like everything in the pic

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I started my 86 after months of slumber. I fixed the leaking oil drain plug (new gasket). Then cycled the gp's and she fired up lime I hadn't ever stopped driving her. :D

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... and after Monday my truck will have hauled the F150 away from my place. First time in years that there will be nothing in parts in the yard!

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought a turbo from tractorman86 and most of the rest of the piping from typ4. need to buy a down pipe maybe get some welding done. most of it will be new stuff which will be a welcome change. i am sure all of you understand that.

Pictures of the turbo

Attachments

• turbo8.jpg
    turbo8.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 15
  • turbo7.jpg
    turbo7.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 14
  • turbo6.jpg
    turbo6.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 11
  • turbo5.jpg
    turbo5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 10
  • turbo4.jpg
    turbo4.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 11
  • turbo1.JPG
    turbo1.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 9
  • turbo2.JPG
    turbo2.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 7
  • turbo3.JPG
    turbo3.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 9

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a column for the 92 cab...woo hoo...and the other SC truck for parts is getting it's final bone by it's current owner! I'll be tagging that unit asap and getting some more for my rig...woo hoo...

Al

BTW...that turbo you got there 89greendiesel looks sharp...damn sharp!

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well last weekend I did the hauling away I mentioned before.

Here is the 78 1 ton and misc extra parts my buddy couldn't get rid of in 2 years of trying to sell the parts.

Here is my first 4x4, my 88 F150. Lots of memories in this truck, but no time or money to finish it/revive it and its trial lasted about 4 years before I finally had to part with it..

Unfortunately the excavator operator was a ford hater so while he blocked us in the yard with the excavator, I got to watch him tear my truck apart for about 20 mins.
This is all that remained of it when he was done...

At the end of the day I hauled over 7700 pounds of metal to the scrap yard. Truck pulled without a problem.

Last edited:

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my turbo today from tractorman86 as advertised, thank you very much. See above photos.

I'd take an in situ picture but I dropped my Droid in a bucket of latex paint a while ago and now the camera doesn't work, as well as the wireless and a couple other things.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn those ford parts especially those trims on the box sides of the blue ford...if in good shape would sell on ebay in a flash...I know I've pulled those and packed a few sets for shipping...

Clearly selling local sucks...but going on ebay you can sell about anything...and make money doing it....

Yesterday I tossed up that concrete block again got it secure, today I added some more lag bolt loops for tie downs and threw the dog box up on the deck too....now to cut some plywood for the large hole on roof thats good for summer but very bad for winter driving...same with the side grate that lets in too much cold air...time to winterize the dog box, or get a new one instead...ya new one!

Alan Slingsby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got up for work and started the ol girl and she fired rite up as she has been all week. Thank god i cleaned terminals last weekend before cold weather got here engine cranks over nice and fast! Dreaming to pull my enclosed trailer out to the local riding area but that wont happen(lack of time)

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I dropped my kids off and came across that sweet smell you don't want to come across. I'm leaking coolant somewhere.:mad: Oil looks good, thank goodness.:angel: Hopefully a broken clamp or something simple, I'm not in the position to buy water pumps or radiators right now and the ones I have are very low mileage at this point. We'll see.....:rolleyes:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an update..........

Seems just about ready to take the dog out again...woo hoo...

Trucks got some side boards...the shovel and axe loaded, gotta get my spare tyre mounted on a Ford rim and setup on top of the concrete I guess...

Just about set for Christmas drive....