So what did you do with your truck today?

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that was you sneaking around in my back yard taking pictures.
Dang look`s exactly like my 85 in the back yard now....same color.
Looks good.
I read some guys use this stuff...

But after using the dynamatt, I covered the back wall and side wall with it.
Tin Foil front with sticky foam backing. Figured can`t hurt to have a second layer. Dang stuff has gone up $10 bucks since I bought it.

Good time to clean up the plastic panels with paint. Color is Canyon red.
Had a auto paint figure out the color, used a back side of a door panel as it wasn`t fade`d. They came up with Aztec Red. pretty close match.
They will put it in Rattle Cans.

My rear drivers side window leakes a bit, good time to pull it and reseal.
Don`t know what black sticky goop Ford used, lookin to find some.

been looking for one of those bench seats. Too bad they don`t have Head rest.

Goat
I presume windshield adhesive

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you scrape the tar like factory goop down to bare metal before putting it down, or just put it down on top of it? I was looking at doing this to
Hell no, I tried to remove it in my buddies truck gave up quickly heard if you out dry I’ve on it it will shatter off but I’m not concerned

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question, but once you put the stuff down, how do you find where bolt holes go for seats and seatbelts? Do they go all the way through so you poke them for other side?
Take not of where it is as you lay it down and you’ll see a print jam a pick though it and spin it around did that for all my screw holes

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to using this bad boy today it was at 4.9 before

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpeg
    IMG_0423.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 11

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question, but once you put the stuff down, how do you find where bolt holes go for seats and seatbelts? Do they go all the way through so you poke them for other side?
When I did mine, I laid the stuff down w/o taking off the paper backing.
Marked where the fasteners were, then cut out with a razor blade knife.
Then lined it up, and rolled it in.

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you scrape the tar like factory goop down to bare metal before putting it down, or just put it down on top of it? I was looking at doing this too.
I used one of these HF Air powered scrapers to remove all the factory tar pads.
Then wiped down the floor with Wax & grease remover to get it squeeky clean.

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The scraper isn`t real fast, makes a buzzing sound, and slowly
peals off the tar pad.
It isn`t like a Jack hammer type thing.

Goat

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well today's mission was only partly a success. Mostly not though. I king of had a feeling about that. It started out when the second thunderstorm rolled though about 2:30 this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep until after 4:00. I REALLY didn't want to get up when that alarm went off at 5:00. I got on the road just before 6:00 like i gad planned to. I got a couple of miles down the road when I saw some lightning in my rearview mirrors and couldn't remember if I had shut the living room window. So I turned around and found out that I had closed it so I got on the road again. I pulled into a gas station about 45 miles down the road and started filling my tank. When I had checked the oil and cleaned off the windshield and there was only 2.1 gallons that had been pumped in, I was about ready to turn around. I screwed around until there was 6 gallons pumped in and said "F" it! I still have enough fuel in the Bronco tank to make it to the next gas station. After that, things went pretty well for a while. I was only about 15 minutes behind where I wanted to be. I dropped my trailer at a friend's house in the country and went in to Harbor Freight where I did buy the air scraper that Old Goat linked, another air die grinder, and another cheap plastic tool box to keep my straps in since one is no longer enough. I got back to the truck and called a guy who I was supposed to buy a big battery charger from and it was only then that he told me that he needed to use it for work and didn't want to sell it now. I was pretty upset about that. I decided to keep going on to visit my step brother, his wife, and a high school friend who I haven't seen since I graduated. We met them at the bar they own and we all enjoyed talking to each other. I didn't get half way through eating lunch when the lack of sleep started catching up to me. I also didn't plan on staying there for 2 1/2 hours so I decided to not try to go to Menards to buy materials for my garage addition. I did go to Wal-Mart on the way back. Then I picked up my trailer and made it home just in time to unload things before tonight's first storm rolled in. I guess I'll head out again in the morning to the closer Menards. At least I did take a few pictures along the way. One is a pretty sweet looking Bull Nose with decals that I haven't seen before. Another is a OBS that looks HORRIBLE, but at least the front end was lower that the backend like a truck is supposed to be.

Attachments

• 102_4126.JPG
    102_4126.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 102_4130.JPG
    102_4130.JPG
    468 KB · Views: 16
  • 102_4132.JPG
    102_4132.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 102_4134.JPG
    102_4134.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 12
  • 102_4136.JPG
    102_4136.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 13

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
In this brown shed is where there used to be a complete Factory Turbo engine sitting. About where the white camper in the foreground is sitting, there used to be a 6 door built off a 1989 F350 crew cab single axle. Idiot would have been proud. This is where I dropped my trailer off for a while.

Attachments

• 102_4128.JPG
    102_4128.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 8

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO that bullnose short wide 4x4 would be a really slick looking truck restored, definitely looks better than mine.

I agree that looks more like the graphics from the 70's trucks.

James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Staff online