So what did you do with your truck today?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Hauling my kids around as per a normal weekend:) Starla has been taking to the dirtbike so its been going with us too.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not so much what I did with my IDI today more what I did for it. My 2nd 10.25 Sterling Trac Loc installment. After driving my IDI for a couple of months it was insane to have 4.10 gears and a C6, I already purchased a complete 4.10 Trac Loc Diff to replace my open 4.10 but before it ever got it installed I was searching out a 3.55. Today was a grand day, picked up the new to me 1996 10.25 3.55 Trac Loc diff. I will be starting install immediately so I can actually enjoy driving my truck as opposed to 12 mpg, crazy RPM on Highway and accelerated hearing loss. My 92 yo Pops securing the load in his F150.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Good work, you're hearing and wallet will thank you. Great to see your dad up and at it helping you out. I hope to be still chasing parts with my Dad at that age too.

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wishing I hadn't sold it... Used the company truck to haul a forklift today. Duramax just doesn't have the personality of an IDI :(

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put a paper clip into the plug for the clutch switch. now i can start it without depressing the clutch. temporary fix for a worn out pushrod and bushing that was making it hard to start.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Picked up a Haynes Techbook for the 6.9/7.3 Diesel's at the swap meet for$5. Also snagged a custom steel rear bumper and set of Pro-Comp Traction Bars with brackets. Yesterday grabbed a matching factory center console and shift boot/trim piece from the local junkyard.

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Got mad at it for blowing the water pump seal. Grr. Just when I needed to be able to use it most.

It'll be around 500 to put the new water pump and seal on it. Now I'm debating whether to sell it and get a different truck, or to do a idi swap for around 750.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Bought it last Sunday.
Picked it up today, loaded up the spare motor and drove it 80 mi home.