So what did you do with your truck today?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the time I lift it and convert to dually and also 4x4 especially time wise (I can't kid myself any more that the kids don't take up most of my time) I could just buy a 4x4 dually haha.

And before I did that we would get a new RV that fits the whole family. Not sure if you've seen my husband but this camper was NOT designed for a dude like him heehee

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand do you use and how do you like it? I'm looking at a firestone set up right now

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Mine are "Air Lift" however very likely similar to the Firestone. We use 50 psi in the bags and 50psi in the rear tires when hauling my old 1968 Banner truck camper which is very heavy. Been wanting to build an extended rear hitch for towing a small trailer, just haven't made time to research and build...

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the long crazy positive cable, starter solenoid on fender, and starter. Then I give it a bath (the truck not the starter).

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
5th wheel tailgate showed up to replace my damaged one, so on it went. I'm thinking that when I can, I'll put diamond plate on the inside and paint the outside to match the truck. I've lost a few miles per gallon running with no tailgate and would like to correct that.

You must be registered for see images attach

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old truck will be getting a little workout hauling soil these next few days.

Attachments

• 20160720_213042.jpg
    20160720_213042.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 100

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gauges all finished up in the idi. Truck wasn't running so bad picture. Water is "mechanical" volt meter is a volt meter and oil pressure is electric.

Finished them up in the 150 as well. Still gotta clean some wires. Water is electrical sender (really cool I like it better than my mechanical in the idi) volt is volts and oil is mechanical with a copper line.

I also put a Napa coolant filter on the 150 just like I did the idi and put my electrical water temp sender spliced in the plumbing of that. Figured it can't hurt to keep this truck mint with a coolant filter even though it's a gasser.

Now all that's left is to do the 250, but idk if I want to see my oil pressure on it hitting 200k soon.. Haha it's staring at me every time I walk by it and I have the gauges already so I guess I should do it, probably warrants having the gauges more than the other two trucks based of mileage and condition but it's way too hot out so not happening today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    600.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chip truck-

ok so i recently installed a new fuel tank sending unit assembly in my rear tank.i used it last week and ran the rear tank out of fuel while going up a steep hill with the gauge showing 1/8 of a tank still.
so today i fixed this.it was such a hard chore you guys.you know just accessing the sending unit.i mean i had to press this up button as shown here.get this.....for a whole 5 seconds just to get the bed up where i needed it!!! oh what a hassle!

attachment.php

next i had to remove these screws.it took 2 minutes!
attachment.php

now that it's out i bend the rod up a bit.re-installed and went down to the fuel up.so i eased in 1 gallon and now i see it come up nice off E.so i give it one more gallon and now it's showing just off E.i might bend it a little more but i think this is good as E now = 2 gallons left.so now i wont risking running the ip dry again.once down around E i can just switch tanks and keep on trucking.

oh what a job! start to finish i think it took a whole 10 minutes! im exhausted!:D
attachment.php

you can see my frame repair,done last year here in these pics too.frame cracked right straight up above both wheels.they welded the seams back up,plated,welded and bolted those on.so now the frame is stronger than it was there.i haul a crap load in this bed and dump every day.sometimes multiple dumps per day.

anywho.now after some rest and coffee from such a strenuous job,i'll go out to vacuum her out,wash and wax it and she'll be ready for another heavy hauling week.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 97
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    405.1 KB · Views: 100

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added a rear window visor.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to use "Go Advanced".
Added a rear window visor!

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey catbird, you need to go to the 'Go Advanced" button at the bottom to post pictures. If you do, they show up; if not, they don't.