so wednesday was the last straw i guess

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I do the window and stereo thing too, works every time - if one window ain't enough I got a slider behind me, at freeway speeds that's like a mini-tornado in the cab, if anyone can fall asleep in that they should be put in the Guinness book.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah, I do the window and stereo thing too, works every time - if one window ain't enough I got a slider behind me, at freeway speeds that's like a mini-tornado in the cab, if anyone can fall asleep in that they should be put in the Guinness book.

Yeah it works real good. The best time it works though, is when you go from a warm cab with the heater on, and roll the windown down all the way when its like 30* outside, that'll wake you up in notime. It was summer time when I did this, so it was still like 80* outside, but it still helped.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude glad you are okay. I almost drove a 2 ton off into a river once. The horn on the chip truck I would have head on-ed woke me up, I damn near messed myself. Thats when I found out I had sleep apnea.
Recover well young man.;Sweet

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched some one fall asleep in front of me once. I was driving and my dad was in the passenger seat. After a long winding road of nearly 1.5 hours, it opened up and the speed increased to 60 MPH. After 5 minutes, the 2004 corolla in front of me swerved to the right and disappeared into the bush down a 12' embankment without even a puff of dust. It was lucky we were the only two vehicles on the road, because he did cross the oncoming lane before going off the road at full speed.

They were an elderly couple with the husband driving and his wife in the back. She was slumped over the backrest of the passenger seat and was probably sleeping in the back without her belt off. Looking at how the car landed, it simply could not have been any better to "catch" them. 12" to the right was a 20" hardwood tree, to the left would hit the dirt, instead it landed on a grove of saplings that snapped one by one and broke the impact for them. Even rolled the car over slightly so it was easier to open the driver's side door.

The both walked away but were still hurt pretty bad. We drove them to the ER since there was no cell phone service out there. A few weeks later we drove past the aftermath of a rollover at 70 MPH of a 2004 dodge 4 door pickup, the driver did not make it but his son did. Also a probable case of falling asleep at the wheel.

RedTruck

Reaction score
Glad your ok! That's pretty sucky, but it's one of those things that only needs to happen once and it makes an impact on all the people around you. Now heal...the work will be there when you're better.

Paul

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I'm glad for You that You made it alive, that looks like a horrible accident You sure made it more than ok.

Another member CowboyCustoms had an accident on His truck about a year ago also fell asleep I think and the only thing that made it was Him, the truck was so bad they found the transmission far from the truck really scary stuff.

Get Well SOON.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
HOLY SHITTTT!

Count your blessings you are still above ground Jacob :hail

Guess you got plenty of time to hang out here now eh :D

:cheers: to a speedy recovery ;Sweet

tractorman86

Reaction score
here are a few pics of the truck before it was moved from the place of death. finally got someone to send me the email. oh and looking at the windshield there is still a few chuncks of hair and a chunck of fabrick from my shirt pinched in the almost non existant windshield.

Attachments

• crewcab1.JPG
    crewcab1.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 44
  • crewcab2.JPG
    crewcab2.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 31
  • crewcab4.JPG
    crewcab4.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 44
  • crewcab3.JPG
    crewcab3.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 43

FordGuy100

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP :eek:

That was a bad wreck man, I'm glad you walked (errr....well not right away at least LOL) away from it.

No offense but dibs on the power plant ;Sweet :D LOL Just messing with ya.

tractorman86

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP :eek:

That was a bad wreck man, I'm glad you walked (errr....well not right away at least LOL) away from it.

No offense but dibs on the power plant ;Sweet :D LOL Just messing with ya.

:rotflmao :rotflmao sorry i already called the trans!LOL i flew out of the truck but i walked out of the tree:rotflmao

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao :rotflmao sorry i already called the trans!LOL i flew out of the truck but i walked out of the tree:rotflmao

Glad you can laugh about it, but damn you are lucky to be in one piece let alone alive. That truck looks like it was ran through a meat grinder.

Are the tires still good?:rotflmao

osus86diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This spring I put my truck in a ditch and mashed up the front a bit, and I thank God every day for letting get out of there so easily. I am glad to see you made it out okay. God really must have something bigger and better planned for you! God Bless!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online