So...Um...Did anybody get the July 2008 Diesel Power?

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Cause my truck is on page 28!!

I'm just excited. I never thought they'd run the picture and note that I sent 'em... :peelout

Ryan

FordGuy100

Reaction score
;Sweet :hail :hail :hail

That is awsome. The store I pick that magazine up hasnt gotten the July issue yet, I will definatly get it now ;Sweet.

Tell us what it all said

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scan the page and post it! ;Sweet

Congrats! Some of us will never see it, so how about telling us what it says?

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll scan it and post it when I get home. No scanner here at work...

Here is what I wrote, and they actually published it word-for-word:

Being the owner of one of your so-called “Forgotten Diesels” I was glad to see a little mainstream coverage of the powerplant in my old truck. I’ve got a 1992 Ford F-250 with the 7.3L IDI diesel engine, and a ZF-5 manual transmission. While the old trucks won’t run with the more modern computer controlled engines, I assure you that they are NOT forgotten! There is an entire internet community dedicated to the old IDI Ford at www.oilburners.net where you can find loyal enthusiasts from all walks of life that still put these old trucks to work on a daily basis.

I use my truck to pull my Toyota pickup to remote four-wheel-drive trails or to haul my dirtbike to the trailhead. I’ve turbocharged, intercooled, lifted, fabricated, accessorized, and styled my truck just like you can with the newer stuff. It’s paid for, insurance is cheap, and the mileage is comparable to many of the newer trucks being sold on dealer lots today. My old truck smokes, rattles, and clatters when its running. There is NO mistaking the sound on the old trucks- they sound like diesels. There is no emissions controls, NVH engineering, or DPFs on them. I would like to challenge Diesel Power to do a major feature on an old Ford truck, and I’ll even volunteer mine. Work it, test it, load it, whatever you want, just like you would with a new truck. Sure, the numbers won’t impress many, but it’ll be a good read for sure!

Ryan Eklund
Albuquerque, NM

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I hope they take you up on it. :hail

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Awesome! I was planning on sending something in on my truck, and I still will after I finish messing with it I guess...... Way to go though, I will for sure be getting a copy! :thumbsup:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Scan the page and post it! ;Sweet

Congrats! Some of us will never see it, so how about telling us what it says?

Mel

All you have to do is go to the store and buy it. :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

There's also a nice article of a frameoff resto of a '39 IH D39 1/2 ton with a 6.4 MaxxForce in it.;Sweet

Tom

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Congrat Ryan!;Sweet

Ya know, maybe we need to hollar at em to show up in New Carlise over the 4th.;Really

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.They could get an eyefull and earfull all at the same time.LOL

Ron, you should send 'em an invitation. I thought about it, but of course I won't be there.

Tom