So I get pulled over this morning......

Billy Goat Burner

Billy Goat Burner
Reaction score
2 people were caught here in Ky. where I live with offroad diesel and were fined somwhere around 10000.00 dollars. but like most things the courts lowered the fines alot, around 3500.00 for first time offense.

Reaction score
...I tried to explain to the cop... ...I will give him a few words that would be worth paying the court costs over. I will be nice about it and wont use vulgar language but I will tell them that the only reason that this ticket was written in the first place is because the town needed the money and that's how they extort it from people.

UH OH! NEW JERSEY!?!?! I was having too good of time, and so I missed allot of TV and movies from about '88-'92. I run across allot of neat ones. Your post reminded me of one peculiar one about New Jersey Courts.

Nothing but Trouble

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
ummmm,wouldn't this be illegal search and siezure and I highly doubt the 1000 fine would stand up in a court of law with a good lawyer.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
The Internal Revenue Service may fine any person who doesn't allow an authorized inspection. The fine is $1000 for each refusal. The fine is in addition to the manufacturer's tax on taxable fuel and the penalty for the misuse of dyed fuel.

I wonder what constitutes an "authorized" inspection? Do they carry papers that state where and when they are doing one? Or is it a blanket type, say the east coast area?cookoo

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Are'nt there laws that say you dont have to pull over for an unmarked car? Cause of all of the people that have tried to impersonate a cop and what not. I heard there was a law like that down in California.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
ummmm,wouldn't this be illegal search and siezure and I highly doubt the 1000 fine would stand up in a court of law with a good lawyer.

That's actually $10,000.... :eek: and I haven't heard of a case where it doesn't stand up....

And if you ever see one and you think it's against the law for them to check you; try running it and see what happens.... just make sure you video tape it because I want to watch. :rotflmao :rotflmao

Freight_Train

Reaction score
I don't mean the actual fine I mean the Penalty for not allowing them to search without a warrent.

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why did you pull over for guys in khakis and unmarked cars? i would have blown right by them....

Well, I couldn't tell that they were unmarked until I had already stopped and shortly after they IDed themselves. At that point I didn't feel it was in my best interest to say screw you and pull off. They did have blue lights ( I probably left that part out of my origional story but they did have them and they were on) and seeing as how I was thinking me and my drag race buddy were about to get speeding tickets I was minding my P's and Q's.

And (in general not directed at any one person) say what you want but had you been in the drivers seat of my truck this am you probably would have stopped too, let them check your fuel and went on your merry way thankful that is all they wanted just like I was LOL

Wonder what would happen if they came across someone running veggie oil??

Freight_Train

Reaction score
let them dip my deuce's tank and they will really be wondering........Mainly why is it moving.....and glowing.....

sassyrel

Reaction score
Wonder what would happen if they came across someone running veggie oil??[/QUOTE]

veggie oil is a fuel "addditive" you put in your tank to help "lubricate" the ip---which is totally legal--what happens when you add stanadyne injector cleaner in the tank?????????????

sassyrel

Reaction score
And a WMO combo. :rolleyes:
Prolly all they could say is :***:
--you can add your own drainings out of the crancase of your vehicles to the diesel fuel--or gasoline---LEGALLY--and your also lubricating your ip with this mix also------------- knuf said----ask mel about me----------------------

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online