So I get pulled over this morning......

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Wonder what would happen if they came across someone running veggie oil??

I'm sure they were looking for RED fuel, veggie is brown, so they might have asked a few more questions.:backoff

Reaction score
And (in general not directed at any one person) say what you want but had you been in the drivers seat of my truck this am you probably would have stopped too, let them check your fuel and went on your merry way thankful that is all they wanted...

I didn't intend to say "awe I wish they'da dun that tuh me"! Kind of a thing. Cuz I know an oh so funny joke about that. I am always polite and answer there questions politely, but no one's searching or taking my weapons me without just cause.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the feds don't impose fines for running biodiesel or WVO for personal use. Some states like NC now exempt homebrew bio from road tax. Here in Florida you technically owe $.28 per gallon and I am going through the process to get a fuel tax license and be strictly legal at the moment.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
As long as your legal, what's the problem?

I've been pulled over, and had my tanks dipped 5-6 times in the last 4 years.

It usually takes less than 30 sec's.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Wonder what would happen if they came across someone running veggie oil??

sassyrel veggie oil is a fuel "addditive" you put in your tank to help "lubricate" the ip---which is totally legal--what happens when you add stanadyne injector cleaner in the tank?????????????
THE TAX MAN COME'TH!!!
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!!
(I'm not paranoid, I already took my pills this morning!):eek:
My theory is that they don't care whether it's red, blue, green, or purple, or black, or pokie-dotted! They just want their taxes. Both the State as well as Fed's.
"Additives" are one thing, but at what point/mixture does it legally not be an additive?
And as far as "tax breaks" for so many gal of alternative fuel per year, or whatever....how many & whose names they gather to come back & ck in year or so to see if things are what they seem....???

:eek: :eek: psssttt....Late in day when my pills wear off I see 'em! They're everywhere!!! I tell 'ya they're everywhere!!! Roadside sniffers! Heat seeking telescopes! Night vision smelling devices! GPS's stuffed up your tailpipes!! Red signal lights have an ALL SEEING EYE in it! They can even count the change in your pockets!!
They're everywhere I tell 'ya!!!
:eek: :eek:

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who think you can just pass the IRS by and say srcew you. Have you ever been audited by the IRS? Did they need a warrant to audit you. NO they did not. Basicly this is a fuel audit. Like it or not it is happening all over the US right now. They are looking for OFF ROAD diesel not bio not veggie. That will come later for the states that have not exepted thoses fuels.

Those IRS guys have the same powers as any FBI agent. AKA you mess with them they plant you under the jail. BTW the 1000.00 fine for refusal was PER refusal. They ask you to dip ypur tank you say NO thats 1000 ask again thats another 1000 and on and on. If you dont beleive it just try them.

Also something else to think about. Those DOT officers you see riding around now days , they are federal agents and can stop you for any reason. INcluding speeding.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FBI...nah...they still have entry rules to follow by. Dept of Fish and Game....now that's a guy who has the power of GOD. If he suspects you're overlimit or poaching, he doesn't need a warrant to kick in your door. The locals in TX fear him more than the Sheriff.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Oh well this reminds me of a TRUE story from a few years back.SO I guess you have to hear it whether you like it or not cookoo
I believe it was on the origional deisel stop.-smoeone had started a thread on fuel additives.I chimed in that in the days of the old non turboed cummins,238 detroits& maxidines, we used to occasionally throw some White kero and ATF then run them hard for a few hundred miles.(it would make a difference in how they ran seemed to clean them out some).Most companys in the early 70& late 60s didn't use additives,just ran them.Any way there always seems to be sombody that picks every minute problem. (a few qts of ATF in a 150 gal tank wont change the color much.) So this guy posts that he wouldn't use ATF because red fuel was illegal. I returned the post with "all you need is a can of Redbegone! Next day I got a pm from a guy in Woburn MA(30 miles away)asking me where I got Redbegone because he too used ATF sometimes.He gave me his phone # so I called him with a big S--t eating grin.As it turned out he was in the redpower club(collectors of antique IHC tractors).I knew the local chapters president and Vice president. Had to tell them :rotflmao :rotflmao AT the next show they had a big 5 gal pail beautifly lettered with Redbegone and a printed paper label (crediting him as the inventor of this miraculis product)full of muddy water. It some how wound up in front of his tractor right next to his picture framed plac telling about his tractor. Of course I took the blame (I was innocent,except for gum flapping). :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
ALWAYS A L W A Y S someone pops up with that attitude when there is something going on that infringes on freedom. Give 'em an inch...

I agree with you. They just say this is law and you have to follow it or else. It's BS. I think taxes in general are BS. I don't see a problem with some taxation, but it gets ridiculous in a hurry. Like you said, give 'em an inch... I think if they stopped sending money to China and other free loaders, then we wouldn't have to pay so many taxes.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. They just say this is law and you have to follow it or else. It's BS. I think taxes in general are BS. I don't see a problem with some taxation, but it gets ridiculous in a hurry. Like you said, give 'em an inch... I think if they stopped sending money to China and other free loaders, then we wouldn't have to pay so many taxes.

Get ready to bend over. Your taxes are going to go up and the price of fuel is going to go up further. North Korea is going to be our next recipient of money and fuel.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Well when your bridges start falling in the river, then ***** about fuel taxes.

It's a fee that you pay to maintain roads, so that you can get to work, play, ect.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well when your bridges start falling in the river, then ***** about fuel taxes.

It's a fee that you pay to maintain roads, so that you can get to work, play, ect.
In an ideal world you're right. Unfortunately we have politicians who frequently raid that cookie jar for funds and never get around to replenishing it.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
In an ideal world you're right. Unfortunately we have politicians who frequently raid that cookie jar for funds and never get around to replenishing it.

yes i could agree yo pay a road tax that did go to FIX the roads, not pave a road then put dirt on it then scrape it off the shoulder and tear up the road they just paved. or tar and rock a road and call it paving.-cuss
SECTION 16.(e) G.S. 105‑449.118 reads as rewritten:
"§ 105‑449.118. Civil penalty for buying or selling non‑tax‑paid motor fuel.
A person who dispenses non‑tax‑paid motor fuel into the supply tank of a highway vehicle or who allows non‑tax‑paid motor fuel to be dispensed into the supply tank of a highway vehicle is subject to a civil penalty of two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00) per occurrence.
The penalty is payable to the agency that assessed the penalty. Failure to pay a penalty imposed under this section is grounds under G.S. 20‑88.01(b) to withhold or revoke the registration plate of the motor vehicle into which the motor fuel was dispensed."
SECTION 16.(f) G.S. 105‑449.118A reads as rewritten:
"§ 105‑449.118A. Civil penalty for refusing to allow the taking of a motor fuel sample.
A person who refuses to allow the taking of a motor fuel sample is subject to a civil penalty of one thousand dollars ($1,000). The penalty is payable to the agency that assessed the penalty. If the refusal is for a sample to be taken from a vehicle, the penalty is payable by the person in whose name the vehicle is registered. If the refusal is for a sample to be taken from any other storage tank or container, the penalty is payable by the owner of the container."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online