Slippy Slave slides silently off!!!!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So now since doing my transmission swap I've had some issue with a slippy slave.

Here is scoop.

On occasion, after using the clutch quite a bit. I've got an issue where when I depress the pedal it goes to floor cause the damn slave slid off the transmission.

I then quite promptly pull over stop and slide it back into position and carry on my way.

I cannot get the damn slave to stay put.

OK guys...

There is a metal clip that is on the slave and seems to WANT to hold it in place however it just doesn't really work that well cookoo

Bottom line,

Need some BOOB advice guys

Thanks

Al

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not much help from me but.. I do recall a return spting on some early Fords from the 50s thru the 60s. Other than that I'm really not able to help much. I bet the dog catcher or towcat will have something to say. Maybe Mell too.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
The metal attaching clip on my ZF works so well I have to pry the damned thing on and off with a flat head screwdriver. Maybe yours is just bad? A new slave comes with one, and I don't remember if I kept my old one when my last slave cylinder took a crap. :dunno

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Mine is like lindstromjd's.
Have to pry it back to get it off.

Either your clip is bad, or the "ears" are gone on the transmission.

gandalf

Reaction score
I opened this one with just a bit of trepidation, Al. I know the bunch here, and therefore started getting nervous as soon as I saw "slippery slave...". It brought to mind various images.:sly

People might be better able to help diagnose this if you could take a picture or two. Maybe one with the slave in place, and another with it slipped off.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so that clip is supposed to hang on like a PIT BULL on a mail carriers ****....GOT IT. Mine slides on and off with not really any resistance what so ever.

I'll see about getting a different clip and see how that works out for me.

There is likely a few floating around this parts ho house for certain!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al.. Is this the trans that had the broken ear in that area..:dunno

Yes and I've checked it's all good no flexing...

It is super easy to slide the slave on and off though I can just slip it off as if nothing really holding it in place...LOL

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same experience with my slave cylinder. It would fall off about every other day.
Drilled a hole through the clip and through the aluminum behind it, then ran a self tapping screw into to it to hold her all in place. That was 4 years ago; been fine ever since.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online