Sled pulling truck idea

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
Ok, so the azalea festival just went on in town and the ONLY diesels that ran were cummins.. So I want to get my truck prepped so next year there will be an idi in the mix at least.

These are my plans, I'd like thoughts, ideas, opinions.

Drop back to 33s
ladder bars
D60 front
Moose pump
BB injectors
New limited slip

Turbo idea:
Flip manifolds in both directions so they are facing forward and up. Weld turbo mounts on manifolds. Mount plugged factory wastegated turbo on each, run exhaust piping out fender well and out behind doors. Run cold side piping to meet at a point and run to an intercooler, then to the intake.

I'm already planning on putting a moose pump and bb injectors as well as my typ4 cam in another 7.3 I have and re-doing all the gaskets. I also have my 5 speed going in soon.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
the flipping manifold idea wont work because i wanted to do that there is not proper clearance ive tried working on my custom turbo setup your best bet is making new manifolds plus the driver and passenger side manifolds are shaped entirely diffrent

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
hmm.. well I'll look into having manifolds made for me. I think itd be nice having the turbo(s) off the top of the engine though, make it a lot easier to work on. But if having manifolds made ends up out of budget I'll just look into upgrading my single turbo, doing a 60-1 or 60 trim wheel.

do you think studs would be necessary with twins or an upgraded single? I think I may be pushing the limit on safe boost levels with either, I get ~15psi now

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Ya my turbo is going to be where the passenger battery used to be because I don't want a buch of crud on top of the engine either ull want studs I'm in the middle of my rebuild and just cannot afford the 500 for studs I'm running a garret t3 t70 turbo on my setup I've got a digital boost controller comming I'm going to start at 12psi and work my way up can't go to high with all stock n/a internals and head bolts

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im making a manifold for mine its costing 280 with all the parts
i got a guy making me some header flanges
i got a t3 turbo mount
and a ton of weld els
i can make you some too if ya want just gimme an idea of what you want and pm me

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im making a manifold for mine its costing 280 with all the parts
i got a guy making me some header flanges
i got a t3 turbo mount
and a ton of weld els
i can make you some too if ya want just gimme an idea of what you want and pm me