Sled pulling tomorrow...will I even move the sled?? 2wd

1992camarors

Reaction score
Ok tommorrow is the county fair here in my hometown of Van Wert, OH. I told all my friends that I'll be pulling just for fun, but I'm really worried my truck won't even get the sled moving. My truck is a 1986 Supercab 6.9 Diesel 4spd 2wd with 3.55 gears open ended. It has pretty new firestone A/T tires on all rims. What do you think guys?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You wont make it far, but I bet you could get it rolling if the dirt isnt to loose. Wheel spin will be an enemy/friend. Enemy off the line, but I think it would be a friend once the sled starts digging in.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Would be better if you had some good mud terrain tires with some tooth and a locker, but Im sure you'll move it a bit.

1992camarors

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. I mean its 20 bucks who really cares lol. Well I'll share my results when I get done tomorrow night. I just cranked the inj. pump all the way up and have my g-codes in. If I don't move it I'll sure make a smoke show!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
hope ya didnt bottom that screw out all the way. you need to keep it like 1/6 of a turn back off of bottom.

1992camarors

Reaction score
Yeah I did take it all the way. I've been reading recently that I should turn it back from pump failure. I mean the truck runs fine now, so I kinda have been lazy and haven't gotten around to backing it down a bit.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 4.10 posi will help a lot. Keep your hitch real high. Get that sled to give you a lot of downward presure. If the track is damp and the air seems clean, you could pull your air filter for the run, and drop your exhaust system.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Hey Mel did you read his post? He said its an open diff with 3.55 gears. I dunno maybe he has a 3rd truck. Anyhow if its a big sled like the ntpa boys use you might as well forget it but if your gonna do it and if you can add weight put it all at the very back of the bed and with it a little more towards the passenger wheel then make sure you get your hitch as high as possible. Also make sure you have the right hitch saves you from looking like a dweeb pulling out there to have them tell ya to get off the track. Here the last pull was a 3 3/4" hole the had put a bigger hook on the sled so the hole size went up from 3"

1992camarors

Reaction score
Well guys I got some good news and some bad news. I got the sled to move. But only for 40 ft and I started to spin. I got laughed at but I really didn't care cause I was the only one out there without four wheel drive and a transfer case. At the end of the day I didn't break anything and my truck still runs like a champ so I'm not gonna complain.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well guys I got some good news and some bad news. I got the sled to move. But only for 40 ft and I started to spin. I got laughed at but I really didn't care cause I was the only one out there without four wheel drive and a transfer case. At the end of the day I didn't break anything and my truck still runs like a champ so I'm not gonna complain.

That was pretty much the expected outcome eh? To put things in perspective, I've seen some trucks try to hook and not move the sled at all, so 40' isn't that bad. ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance