Simple But Handy

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
I'm probably about the last person in the world with an IDI to clue in to this, but you know those smaller size Power Service plastic bottles that the Cetane booster and fuel treatment come in? The thread for their cap just happens to be the same as the oil filler neck on our engines.. and since a funnel won't stay in place on that angled neck.....

Attachments

• GEDC0009a.jpg
    GEDC0009a.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 24
  • GEDC0010a.jpg
    GEDC0010a.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 15

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh, how do you like that. I didn't know. Just what I need another funnel laying around, eh what's one more.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man all the time and dollars wasted on funnels that i cut the ends off of to make fit that hole and a damn power service bottle screws right on???:backoff;Sweet

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I picked up one of the $5 measuring funnels with the twist valve from walmart, it has the same threads as well

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a great find... Just wondering... How did you figure this out... What were you doing or thinking to figure this great find.... I'm kinda curious....:sly

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Actually I couldn't find my big funnel, so as a field expedient I cut the bottom off an empty power service bottle, when I held it up there to start pouring the oil I saw that it looked like it would actually fit into the hole, and it did, so then I thought -Nahhh, there's no way those threads would match, a plastic bottle and a diesel oil filler neck?? Well, maybe I'll just give it a twist and see if it will crossthread hard enough to stay in place while I pour the oil.. I'll be damned, it actually threads in properly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online