signature size

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Wasn't there at some point a limit on signature size? If there wasn't can we have one? It doesn't bother me too much usually... but some people on here have HUGE signatures and it seems out of control. Full size pictures that take up about 4-5 inches on my screen in your signature seem a little... excessive or descriptions of every last bolt that was turned on the truck since it was bought new.

Anyways, just saying, can we tone it down a tad? You read a thread sometimes and 80% of the thread and scrolling down is giant signatures over and over.

Some examples...
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48916
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48926

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW there at least used to be a forum etiquette where it was considered improper to add your signature to any post in a single thread beyond your first post in the thread. For example, since this is my first post in this thread, I'll add my signature, but if I were to post a second time in this thread, I wouldn't.

At the same time, I admit that my signature's one of the longer ones (and I actually wish for MORE text/character space, but a limit on the number of lines it can take up might be reasonable)...even without a picture, my signature's right on the limit of characters allowed. I try to counter-balance that by only adding it to a post when I feel it's necessary (this post is an exception; I'm adding it here to make a point); in fact, I have my preferences set to default to NOT adding my signature, so I have to go out of my way to check the appropriate box for it to show up.

Just my $.02...

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
FWIW there at least used to be a forum etiquette where it was considered improper to add your signature to any post in a single thread beyond your first post in the thread. For example, since this is my first post in this thread, I'll add my signature, but if I were to post a second time in this thread, I wouldn't.

At the same time, I admit that my signature's one of the longer ones (and I actually wish for MORE text/character space, but a limit on the number of lines it can take up might be reasonable)...even without a picture, my signature's right on the limit of characters allowed. I try to counter-balance that by only adding it to a post when I feel it's necessary (this post is an exception; I'm adding it here to make a point); in fact, I have my preferences set to default to NOT adding my signature, so I have to go out of my way to check the appropriate box for it to show up.

Just my $.02...
I agree.....;Really