Side mirror swap problem.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just received the **** 45000 Universal Tow mirrors but am having difficulty mounting them. The bracket that bolts to the door doesn't seem to have enough angle to allow the mirror to sit even remotely level or to allow the lower bracket to comfortably bolt to the lower portion of the door. Is there an angled backing plate that goes between the mirror bracket and the door, or do you just have to bend the bejeebus out of these things to get them to fit properly? I currently have the aero/car style side mirrors which are useless with my wide flatbed. I did read quite a few posts regarding mirror swaps and for my situation the **** 45000 seemed to be the best option. The angle on the bracket is so far off from level that I am tempted to take the brackets to a shop and see if they can fab a better version. My driver side mirror has a broken support arm and the bouncing/noise is driving me nuts! Any and all help is appreciated.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Are you referring to these? https://www.amazon.com/****-45000-Universal-Camper-Large-Stainless/dp/B00029WSYA

Personally I would try to find a factory set of mirrors like that, or heck maybe even the a frame style.

Check out FB marketplace. I got guys local here in CT selling factory mirror set ups

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had same issue with those and ended up returning them. I think I hate the other ones I got also. I need ones that fold in to get into my shop so got west coast jr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online