Should I Buy This IDI?

wils2527

Dumb Engineer
Reaction score
So it has been a while since I've had time to post on here, but I was on Craigslist yesterday and I saw a pretty good deal for a crew cab in Santa Cruz. I was wondering if you guys thought this was worth my time or not:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/3909178888.html

I know it is a salvaged title, but I could care less about that. I was wondering what I should offer when I look at it? Thanks for any input guys!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it. The interior is a bit more rough than the exterior. Would like to test the coolant for DCA for sure. Seems uncertain about the mileage too. Love the crew cab SRW F350's. 5 speed and Dana 60 too. I'd make sure you cold start it yourself and make sure the ZF5 goes into reverse and doesn't pop out when backing it. But, I'd start at $3000 and see where he goes from there.

Heath

wils2527

Dumb Engineer
Reaction score
Hey Heath thank you for the quick response. Coolant test strips in hand. Will check ZF5 reverse. I agree with the $3k starting point that seems to be way more my speed anyways. The interior doesn't matter all that much to me to be completly honest my kids will just destroy it anyways.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Be careful in watsonville... Lots of tree huggers round those parts driving prius cars hateing any diesel. The price sounds ok but the slavage title has me wondering why it has that. Look under it well for the salt belt rust. It might have been a flood car slavage.

wils2527

Dumb Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah the tree huggers in Santa Cruz are certainly awesome. I will check for flood issues as well. May never know why it is a salvaged title.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
So it has been a while since I've had time to post on here, but I was on Craigslist yesterday and I saw a pretty good deal for a crew cab in Santa Cruz. I was wondering if you guys thought this was worth my time or not:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/3909178888.html

I know it is a salvaged title, but I could care less about that. I was wondering what I should offer when I look at it? Thanks for any input guys!

that was my truck. i bought it off CL in eureka from a dude who bought it from someone in Northern WA.

that thing smokes! it misses on one cylinder. it has a new zf5 SMF kit. drives nice.. truck looks way better in pics.

its been wrecked up front. previous salvage title. i drove the thing home from eureka towing my mercedes via tow bar.. thing was gutless.

it needs a new engine at least. i bought it and sold it within 2 days. it also had a issue with the selector valve or pickup screen. had to run it via 2 liter bottle

bought it for $1500 sold it for $1800.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I don't want to disrespect No_Spark in any way, but I'd like to point out that he does a lot of buying and selling so the fact that he bought it and resold it is quite normal. He does know his diesels and I'm sure will give an honest opinion of the condition of the truck.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
That bumper is definitely crooked. Is there frame damage on that?

the front bumper is f*****d up because i was pulled the thing from the push bar...

believe me i know it was dumb but i was so f-ing pissed at it i didnt care. the thing drove straight.

i noticed a little messed up fender support at the cab. not bad. has OBS emblem on one side, BRICK on the other.

i think everything worked on it. the trucks back leafs looked worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
I don't want to disrespect No_Spark in any way, but I'd like to point out that he does a lot of buying and selling so the fact that he bought it and resold it is quite normal. He does know his diesels and I'm sure will give an honest opinion of the condition of the truck.

yeah, thanks for not disrespecting me... i think the OB guys see my posts and know by now i sell some trucks, parts or whole. my post was clear in what you said

i actually bought the thing with intentions to keep it but i was misinformed about its condition.

(i was only sent pics.. drove to eureka to get it and did not know one cylinder or valve was dead)

i needed a running driving truck asap and would not settle for a f250 ttb. i was willing to swap it but as soon as i got home with it i found my single cab 1ton and bought it.

i listed it with all the info i discovered. selling it for $1800 was a steal for that dude.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well I'm sure glad someone has stepped forwards with the true salvage title information and past ownership. Kinda wonder how the bad cylinder was fixed.. Or was it fixed. Seems to have lots of work and parts replacement. Wonder if that can be verified..

wils2527

Dumb Engineer
Reaction score
Hey No Spark thank you for the info. I'll pass on that project. I've already got 2 engine/major overhauls going. I do appriciate the info!

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
that truck smoked bad until it warms up. even then its still not running 100% i never did check the compression or injectors. it started right up but something was seriously wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online