Shocks on a lifted F350

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got some different tires and an alignment done so the truck is driving strait down the road for a change. Ever since I bought it it has bounced really bad. Part of it was the tires but even after the new tires it still does it more than I would like. I have 6" rough country springs in the front and a shackle reversal in the back with stock springs. I have the rough country shocks all the way around. It bounced before the lift as well and the lift didn't make it better or worse so I don't think its a spring rate problem. So I am looking into shocks. I have no idea how many miles are on the ones I have. What are ya'll running on your lifted rigs?

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your problem probably isn't the shocks. These trucks had very stiff metal leaf springs on them. Best way to get a good ride is a RSK kit in the front using Super Duty front leaf springs. They ride much smoother than what we have. You can also buy the RSK kit to match your lift. As for shocks I have used Rancho and Monroe. I was happy with both.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have some old crusty, nasty shocks that look like they have been on there since 1987, she rides pretty damn smooth, and the damn things still work!
kinda scared to change em and ruin my ride lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online