She gone.

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow..I read this thread to late....lol. I sold a trans during the winter and it was a powder choke tranny cause it had six bolt tc, if I'm reading right. Should have used it and sold the idi e4od....

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Wasn't all that bad to do. But did 95 percent by self and with no tranny jack at first. Drives like new.

97 F250 HD auto 4x4
3.55s turning 16.6!

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Changed carrier bearing. Some slight ticking at first then goes away. I'm bout lost. Only thing not replaced behind t case is u joint on back of t case. New rear action of drive shaft and u joint on rear end along with carrier bearing. Also TC and trans fluid and filter. Still got a tink that's driving me nuts. Guess I gotta get the ass end up and spin the tires????

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
I took her for a lil ride by the house tonight. The noise is minimal. Took it easy at first. Then romped her some. Noise is only for 5-10 seconds. Truck runs like a top!! Gets up to hi way speed easily. Just got me a lil stumped..

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Man it's roughy today fellas. Every time I saw my truck is good. It's breaks. Left work tonight with bad vibration. Broke a cap on u joint for rear end. Changed it out with spare and went back to the shop. Let the games begin.

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Changing pinon yoke on read end. One of the ears is half gone. Only auto parts store that has is autozone and it's $200 bucks. Went to Ft Wayne clutch and picked one up for $80. Man I hope this solves my problem.

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Well here we go again! Sent wifey to Ft Wayne clutch today. It turns out the pinon yoke that was on the truck was the wrong one!!! And it has u bolts instead of straps. Also new rear section of drive shaft that PO put in is wrong one and it's dented! What a great day. On a good note I still got 7 hrs in at work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin