Serviceing..............

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Let me preface this rant by saying I believe in the power and toughness of the cumminz......it's the damn way they injuneered access to the maint items :cheers:

Lemmee get my hands on the -cuss :idiot: injuineer :rotflmao
that designed the location of the oil filter on a y2k 24 valve 2500 Dodge :draw

I got roped into doing an oil change on der bosses dodge...
I figger NO PROBLEM.
risafrickinfracken-doo-sumbatchinpiglovin

In the first place this is the first time I have had my grubby mitts on a cumminz in a dodge and even after removing the 90deg air inlet, all I saw was what looked like a fuel filter....sorry guys but I'm used to those 4"dia FL1995
PSD lube filters :hail ;Sweet ...any way I'm trying to get a grip on that vulcan filter{damn thing was HOT :eek: } and between the rigid A/C line/coolant by-pass hose right under the filter cookoo .................

I finally managed to manhandle that filter off..................
and made a mental :rotflmao note while priming the new one to NEVER allow myself this "privelage" again!

What/how do you Dodge guys do to get around this train wreck?

Don't EVEN ask about that fuel filter

Thanx for allowing a PSD guy to vent in your backyard:cheers:
flame suit at the ready :eek: :D

scrappy

Reaction score
I would rather pay for and replace mine than the new 6O-No's filters!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ah they are easy... I have both the oil filter and fuel filters relocated to more user friendly areas...

My oil filters are both behind the front bumper and the fuel filter is sticking on top of the engine...

I can concur that both in their stock forms are a pain in the rear bumper to gain access to in order to change them out.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Just another reason to own a Ford 7.3 PSD ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
I don't have any problems with mine, a Ranchhand makes for a great work platform. One piece of advice, hand tight ONLY, you put a filter wrench on it to tighten it and you are screwed when it comes time to get the sucker off. I put mine on by hand and remove it the same.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Billysgoat said:
I don't have any problems with mine, a Ranchhand makes for a great work platform. One piece of advice, hand tight ONLY, you put a filter wrench on it to tighten it and you are screwed when it comes time to get the sucker off. I put mine on by hand and remove it the same.

Hell, the front bumper cover works too ;Sweet

Don't see how you could get a filter wrench on there....unless you have a thread type canvas strap/cam style.

by Ramprat Just another reason to own a Ford 7.3 PSD

:hail ;Sweet :hail :cheers:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
It might be that it was a 24 valve, but my 12 valve is quite easy to do. I take the air hose off, this is a good time to check the front turbo blades and check the shaft for play. The fuel filter isn't too bad, it could be easier.

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
Not certain what it's called, I always use one of the nylon strap and square stock type filter wrenches. They have given me the best results so far.

Oh yeah, the fuel filter on my truck is really easy, 1 1/4 socket, loosen the cap and pull the whole caboodle out. ;Sweet

MUDDY

Reaction score
budtoh3zo said:
i have to service all the dodges for the company, 2 of them are 03's a 02 and a 05 they are all a Pain in the ass.

explain how bud ??????????????/ easy fuel fltr change,,,,very easy,,,,use proper oil fltr wrench. wth. 11 bucks for the fuel fltr and 9 bucks for the best statapore oil fltr,,,,,,,,5.61 for the standard.....what ya whinin for. sounds as if ya got an easy job

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
A easy job is servicing the compressors. Open a valve all the oil goes into the skids and change filters then set valves and do a compression test.

gotdiesel?

Fine Diner
Reaction score
budtoh3zo said:
i have to service all the dodges for the company, 2 of them are 03's a 02 and a 05 they are all a Pain in the ass.

I have to agree with Muddy. My '03 is a snap to service. 15 minutes start to finish, 20 if the oil isn't nice and hot. Granted, I got a lift in the shop at work, but I don't see it being much worse on a jack. Just my $.02

bigbrowngoat

COWBOYED UP
Reaction score
IT'S A 20 TO 25 MIN. SERVICE WHAT SO HARD ABOUT THAT cookoo
SILLY FURD GUYS :rotflmao :rotflmao NOW THAT GEO AS DROVE A DODGE CUMMINS THAT OL PSD MAY BE HISTROY LOL

GEO COME TO THE LIGHT,COME TO THE LIGHT BUY A DODGE AND YOUR WORRYS WILL BE OVER LOL LOL :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online