Scored a timing meter

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i went over to my local junk guy yesterday, i stop in maybe every other week becouse he's always finding cool things And i'm always buying:D. Anyway yesterday he was unloading out of his truck 7 snap on meter's aswell as a few other tester's and such. So i glanced over them just praying one was for a diesel and sure enough an MT480 complete with pickup and MT160 probe.. He said he had just bought all them from the son of an old machanic, and he figured maybe 40 bucks each was fare. I jumped at it, taking a risk it works but for that price it's parts if nothing else. Anyway as soon as i figure out how to use it i'll test it on my truck, and hopfully have a working timing meter;Sweet

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a write up or something on how to use one of these?? Or have a scanned copy of the instruction manual?? I'm hoping to time my truck today if it works..

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i went over to my local junk guy yesterday, i stop in maybe every other week becouse he's always finding cool things And i'm always buying:D. Anyway yesterday he was unloading out of his truck 7 snap on meter's aswell as a few other tester's and such. So i glanced over them just praying one was for a diesel and sure enough an MT480 complete with pickup and MT160 probe.. He said he had just bought all them from the son of an old machanic, and he figured maybe 40 bucks each was fare. I jumped at it, taking a risk it works but for that price it's parts if nothing else. Anyway as soon as i figure out how to use it i'll test it on my truck, and hopfully have a working timing meter;Sweet

Has he got another working one with all parts??

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I have a manual and a write up...but they are too large to upload. I can email them to you if you want to provide an email.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
here ya go.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?45766-Engine-How-To-Video/page3

on a side note i think the ^^^^ should be made a tech article or some kind of sticky so it is easy to find.

This is a very different meter than the MT480, about the only thing that applies is the magnetic sender...otherwise, the MT480 is a luminosity meter, NOT a pulse meter. MT480 isn't digital either, but works none the less.

More than happy to email what I have if you still need them, it is a copy of the original manual.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
This is a very different meter than the MT480, about the only thing that applies is the magnetic sender...otherwise, the MT480 is a luminosity meter, NOT a pulse meter. MT480 isn't digital either, but works none the less.

More than happy to email what I have if you still need them, it is a copy of the original manual.

my bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance