Scored a hydro boost setup , have a few questions..

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I randomly came across a hydro boost setup at a local pull it yard ( rare find around here ) . It is from a 1992 f450 . I grabbed what I could but had to leave early ( really needed to take a poop ,lol ) . When I got back the truck was gone . I missed it by minutes ... I managed to grab the hydro , 1 high pressure line , mc, rod , return line .. I believe I am missing the ps reservoir , other high pressure line and the brake pedal . Am I correct ?

Even with the missing parts I think I scored .. only $10 :)

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only I had some tp, lol . The other line should be cheap to have made , and I think the reservoir. is about $15 (?) . I read somewhere that you can drill out the stock pedal , so that should be easy . I've got to be missing something.. this sounds too easy .

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I had the same issue at a pick n pull before I even got inside the yard. Used the porta ***** only to find no t- paper in it... Really pissed me off adding to my case of the runs.. Lucky for me I had a couple of clean shop rags...;Sweet:sly So now I'm in the yard getting what I need and here it comes again... Only this time I was three steps short of reaching the inside the yard porta *****...:eek::mad::cry: So now I'm in the mess and the terrible dirty ***** only to find on paper in there either....:mad: So now its tear off some of my work shirt. Clean up my mess. Throw away my boxers.. Oh yeah... they help plenty too. And then head for the front gate and home to a well deserved shower... I stayed away from that yard for some time... Way too many bad memories there... Usually that yard have our diesels all the time. Kinda nice to shop there too but... I will always carry "something" for that just in case time when there is no paper to be found.... Even on the floors of a dirty porta *****...:eek::mad::D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue at a pick n pull before I even got inside the yard. Used the porta ***** only to find no t- paper in it... Really pissed me off adding to my case of the runs.. Lucky for me I had a couple of clean shop rags...;Sweet:sly So now I'm in the yard getting what I need and here it comes again... Only this time I was three steps short of reaching the inside the yard porta *****...:eek::mad::cry: So now I'm in the mess and the terrible dirty ***** only to find on paper in there either....:mad: So now its tear off some of my work shirt. Clean up my mess. Throw away my boxers.. Oh yeah... they help plenty too. And then head for the front gate and home to a well deserved shower... I stayed away from that yard for some time... Way too many bad memories there... Usually that yard have our diesels all the time. Kinda nice to shop there too but... I will always carry "something" for that just in case time when there is no paper to be found.... Even on the floors of a dirty porta *****...:eek::mad::D
it is absolutely amazing what some people here will post about.
gary-
you now win the prize for the most descriptively disgusting post in the history of OB.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow , what a story ... LOL . I tried to hold off and get the rest of the stuff but I feared I was headed for a similar situation so I decided to grab what I could and run :) .
Since I won't be needing the vacuum for my brakes , I'd love to run it to a tank for air tools .. Do they put out enough psi? I have no idea what they are rated at .

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
You would need an A/C pump for the air tools and the vacuum pump still controls the vent doors.

As for the pooh - I try to do the precautionary deuce before I go to the yard to thwart off any of those issues!

Gary - that is freaking awesome!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I can look back now and laugh at it calvin.:D One just does not know how far off a filthy porta ***** is till you have "been there":sly.... It was looking really bad but I soon found out just how bad things can really get:eek::puke::angel:... I felt like Wile Coyote... When you think things can't get any worse... They tend to get worse... Much worse.....:angel:

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would need an A/C pump for the air tools and the vacuum pump still controls the vent doors.

As for the pooh - I try to do the precautionary deuce before I go to the yard to thwart off any of those issues!

Gary - that is freaking awesome!

So I would be better off tapping into my ac compressor .. Ok , easy enough :) . So do you guys just plug the line that went to the booster ?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The vacuum pump sucks and does not blow. No matter which way it runs it will only suck vacuum. It can't create pressure in a tank... Only vacuum... Sorry for that news too. It sure would be neet if we could "make" a vacuum pump into a pressure building pump.... Anybody up for it>>>:sly:D

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vacuum pump sucks and does not blow. No matter which way it runs it will only suck vacuum. It can't create pressure in a tank... Only vacuum... Sorry for that news too. It sure would be neet if we could "make" a vacuum pump into a pressure building pump.... Anybody up for it>>>:sly:D

Sometimes I miss the obvious :) . Hmm , would it create enough vacuum for a super sucker ? I'm guessing that's a no , but its worth a shot :)

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nevermind I just thought about it .. It's definitely a NO lol .

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
You would have to modify a York and mount it either in place of the A/C pump, or fab up a mount to drive it off of the alternator with a 3 groove pulley or off the power steering with a 2 groove pulley.

With that said, it is WELL worth the effort! I love mine!