Score!!!!!

duaneboggs

Reaction score
I went to my local pick a part today to get some tow mirrors. I just happened to glance at a truck sitting off to the side that was new in the yard. Lo and behold it is a 93 7.3idi factory turbo motor with the entire turbo assy. pipes, oil line, and everything. Got the whole thing for $65. The idi gods were smiling today!:thumbsup:
Nothing appears to be wrong with it, so now I have a new project. What a ***** it was to remove though.

Duane

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow.that's one of the best deals iv heard of so far.
nice going!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Really a great deal you got there. If the motor had never been opened up then it would be a nice oem motor to have...

duaneboggs

Reaction score
Really a great deal you got there. If the motor had never been opened up then it would be a nice oem motor to have...

I don't know if the motor had ever been open or how many miles it had on it. I was tempted to buy the whole setup, but while it was up on their racks so I could pull the exhaust, they drained the oil out of the pan. About 3 gallons of water came out then maybe a gallon of oil. I figure the motor has cavitated and is toast. Still has all the accessories on the outside though.

Duane

zpd307

Reaction score
nice score. i found a complete 94 turbo truck in a junk yard once, but they wouldnt sell me the turbo, i had to buy the whole complete motor....