rough runing at idle

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
93 with ATS turbo I just changed all return lines and Orings on the injectors. truck had ben setting for afew weeks acted as if it ran out of fuel so ichanged the filter and filed the tanks with fuel. now it spits and sputers at a idle and seems ok above an idle it seems as if it is geting air in line could the lift pump be going bad it has 20000 miles on it and some biodiesel through it. the very reasion I had to change the return lines. i thought i would throw this out and see what you thought. thanks CESmith

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
did you take it out and run it around for a while after you did all the work? it could still be bleeding the air out.

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
Yea tryed that it seems to run ok at higher rpms just idling it starts spit and sputter and it is not missing on any one cyl. just sounds like its not getting fuel thanks fo the reply

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most likely you have some bad injectors. Often, they don't respond well at idle if they have been sitting for a while. They tend to be leakers at low speeds.

tractorman86

Reaction score
also make sure you have all the injectors in tight enough. get a spray bottle with soapy water, start the truck and let it idle, spray around the base of the inj. you might be surprised how much compression is leaking by.