Road Armors Bumpers - Installed!

DrSpeed

Unregistered User
Reaction score
First of all, a big THANK YOU is given to Bear Hunter for his help in both acquiring these bumpers, and helping me install them on my truck last night.

We were here until 12:30AM (0030 to him), sweatin', and wrestling the bumpers on. Granted, we didn't start until 8:00PM, and that was because I had to pick up my truck from the alignment. Bear also drove me to the alignment shop, about 40 minutes away EACH WAY (not counting that it took him 1.5 hours to get to my office from his.)

So, this is how the story sletarts.

The bumpers arrive in what looks like crates for cadavers. People in the office are now concerned. Extremely concerned. This holds especially true since I've only been working here for three months.

You must be registered for see images attach

After unpacking the crate, I managed to fill not one, but TWO dumpsters with packing material. I'm sure some Sierra Club guys will prolly have a
**** fit.

Taking them out of the crate revealed these two gems:

Front Bumper:

Rear Bumper:

And installed, here's how it looks:

[HAHAHA] Just kidding. That's actually Texas Terminator's old Ranch Hand he loaned me. Well, we had to pull that off to install the Road Armor.

Here's the truck with a nekid front end (Talk about tire clearance!!!!):

We use the forklift at my shop to lift the bumper up by the guards:

And since I was the *Hose Boy* for Bear Hunter when we washed his truck, he's the *Ratchet Boy* for me during this install:

And all said and done, here's what the front end looks like:

Now, the *** end of the truck:

With the rear bumper off, I finally got time and space to clear up some of the wiring I had run from earlier, figure out why my ID Bar isn't working, and tie up the wiring that's not going to be used:

In order to get the rear bumper fitted properly, we had to notch the seam/pinchweld area under the tailgate hinge:

And this is how it looks all installed and shiny:

Once again, thanks to Bear Hunter for his assistance in getting these bumpers on. Now, I have two sets of PIAA 510's to install and wire up, along with some reverse lamps.

Here's my truck at the alignment shop (also have the hub bearing and axle seals replaced):

Why? Because some retard in a 'Vette merged into my *right* front on the freeway onramp. Hey, he wanted to go thru insurance. I told him it was his fault, and but he was very stubborn. So, State Farm paid for all the work on my truck:

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
denny-
I don't get it.....firstly, the goodyear marks from your truck, looks like its on his left rear. Secondly, the amount of damage is minimal compared to some steamroller jobs I've seen in the past.....

Last edited:

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Denny, whatcha doin' with that other light bar ya had? I know of an interested party!!!

DrSpeed

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Towcat,

I meant to say right front....

Swany,

No plans for it yet. i was gonna put it up for sale. It needs to be sandblasted and recoated though...there's some rust showing through in places where it's been nicked....if you want it, shoot me an email!

DH

DrSpeed

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Swany,

Oh, and it should work with the warn hidden mount too! it won't get in the way...well, that's what my original plans were when I bought the light bar!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DrSpeed said:
Towcat,

I meant to say right front....

DH

Tell me he got the ticket on the spot.......LEO's got a real warm spot in their hearts for those who like using emergency work areas as their own "lanes". and he wanted to claim this on insurance? cookoo cookoo

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swany said:
Denny, whatcha doin' with that other light bar ya had? I know of an interested party!!!
swany-
you ARE aware that the girl in the white top is an EXTRA COST option with that lightbar...right? :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
Can't IMAGINE another vet trying to beat you to the spot with THAT bumper on !!!!
Looks GREAT !!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget the bumper.....that guy was on idiot for taking on "that truck".....all he would see looking out of the window is nothing but tire....... ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online