• Specific different battery

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paul
Wideopen:

I was pricing the Optima Yellow Top D34 at Advance Auto. Core charge was $10 for each and they wanted to tax me for the core charge too. Tax on a core charge is taxing me for something I own and don't wish to sell so I couldn't go along with that.

O.K. sorry about the Confusion..I was talking about Advance auto brand..

NemoRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back with Motorcrafts. My originals lasted 7 years. I figured if they lasted that long, why not go back with OEM. Plus, they have a 5 year warranty....3 year replacement, and 2 year prorated.

Ggg

Reaction score
I got Interstate batteries 1050CCA ea for $35/ea.
Just curious why the yellow tops, those are deep cycle aren't they? I could see if you used a winch a lot, or some other very high amp draw purpose.

spinnaker

Reaction score
I use Wally World. They work fine and have a 5 yr warranty. 3 free replacedment + 2 pro rated. Less than $50.00

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ggg
I got Interstate batteries 1050CCA ea for $35/ea.
Just curious why the yellow tops, those are deep cycle aren't they? I could see if you used a winch a lot, or some other very high amp draw purpose.

Ggg:

Sorry for the delay.

I camp a lot and have a lot of 12V accessories.

I drive around Chevys instead of pulling them out so I don't need a winch. :angel:

PSDs_and_5Liters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had nothing but great experiences with the Optima batteries. I use the red top in my Mustangs, which usually just sit through the winters...never had a problem with them still starting the car whenever the need arose. I am looking at stuffing 2 Red tops on the passenger side of my F250, to free up that area infront of the air filter. Anyone else done this? I have seen a few pics of it done before.

carterkraft

Reaction score
I have 2 9x-5408 CAT batterys @ $86.81 ea.

Some thing that shocked me was when I had custom racing alt. built, the shop asked what batteries I was running. I told them dual optimas and they told me if I ran it on those batteries they would have to void my warranty. I am still not sure why, he said they would destroy high amp alt's, I dunno know.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by carterkraft
I told them dual optimas and they told me if I ran it on those batteries they would have to void my warranty. I am still not sure why, he said they would destroy high amp alt's, I dunno know.

Thats strange???

carterkraft

Reaction score
I know, he said something to the effect of "if you completely discharge them they will fry the elec. system". I still know the company maybe I can call and get the scoop? I have had em in my drag car for about 4 years and they still run perfect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828