• Cheapest other battery

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Specific different battery

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy replacement batteries for my truck since one of the batteries cranking isn't up to specs.

I've narrowed my choices down to Sears Gold North for $78.00 and Optima for $99.00. I plan to keep my old batteries so the Sears would be $85 each with no exchange plus tax will bring it to just over $90 each. I'll be buying the Optima online so with free shipping and no tax, the difference in price will only be $9.00 each.

Any opinions on the two?

Any other options I should consider?

Any better prices online for the Optimas?

Max Power

Reaction score
Optimas

It'll last up to 2 times longer than other batteries.
It can sit unused 3 times longer than other batteries.
It is over 15 times more resistant to vibration than other batteries.
It's nonspillable and can mount in almost any position.
It provides constant performance quality keeping your battery running at the same level even as it's being discharged.
It provides more power in the inital 1, 3, 5, and 10 seconds of the vehicle starting process than comparably rated conventional lead acid batteries.

B

Big K

Paul, that's a great price w/free shipping. Looks like I'm going to be needing one very soon. Can you shoot me some info on where you came up with that?

Which Optima? I'm assuming red top, but 800 cca, or 720 cca. There are two different ones.

THX

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
I go to Advace Auto ...less than $75.00 per Battery..pluss they put them in...and a 2 year unlimited replacement Warrenty

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in where you found those Optimas for $99..... I'm in need myself...

B

Big K

If the shipping is, indeed, free, those are some great prices.

WOW :cool

THX

Max Power

Reaction score
Nope, $30 fedex ground. Might be able to work a deal with them though.

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wideopen
I go to Advace Auto ...less than $75.00 per Battery..pluss they put them in...and a 2 year unlimited replacement Warrenty

Wideopen:

I called the store nearest to me and they wanted $360 for two with no exchange. The guy said he'd worked there for two years and hadn't seen them on sale. That's a bit higher than other places.

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
Changed from looking for Optima red top to Optima Yellow top which I think will better suit my needs. Learned a good lesson in bookmarking today too.....bookmark anything even if I think I'll remember it. So far the best price I've found on Optima yellow top delivered is $139 each and that's at www.TNA-SPORTS.com

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
I just finalized my order from www.TNA-SPORTS.com.

I looked all over the place for the best deal and though I found some places that mention lower prices, the fine print or shipping all ended up making the deal look less favorable.

The final decision was based on the prompt replies to inquiries and professionalism displayed by Tim of TNA-SPORTS.

My final delivered price for two D34 Yellow Top batteries was $277.90 That price beats my local parts store price by $83!

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paul
Wideopen:

I called the store nearest to me and they wanted $360 for two with no exchange. The guy said he'd worked there for two years and hadn't seen them on sale. That's a bit higher than other places.

What brand are you Pricing ..I'm talking about the Advanced Platnum or Silver Series(not sure ..to cold to go look but I'll look later to be sure)..what ever the top line of Batteries that they sell..

How much we're they with the exchange??? I had a set of Champions that didn't last I didn't need em anymore???

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wideopen
What brand are you Pricing ..

Wideopen:

I was pricing the Optima Yellow Top D34 at Advance Auto. Core charge was $10 for each and they wanted to tax me for the core charge too. Tax on a core charge is taxing me for something I own and don't wish to sell so I couldn't go along with that.