Rebuilding pedal assembly, whose done it?

sweet66monza

Reaction score
My pedal assembly bushings are shot (215k miles). Is this a half hour job...or an all day deal? Looking at it without tearing it down it appears it could go either way. Figgered id better consult the pros first.

thanks!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally have NOT done your version of pedals but I assure you it's no 1.5 hour job....

If this is a 93 there is still a signifcant amount of work...

remove steering column the pedal assembly then rebuild then reinstall...and right about now before reinstall is the perfect time to do a hydroboost install too BTW!

I'm sure I'm missing details but I"m in house not in shop right now looking at my obs cab to see whats what.

sweet66monza

Reaction score
Got it done. About 1.5 hrs. Took a bit to figure out how to get the assembly out from under th dash. Upon disassembly, the collar on the right side of the bracket had broken loose and was wearing the hole, so I had to find center and weld that back in. went back together very fast, and now im kinda pissed I didnt do all this 5 yrs ago when I bought it!

Thanks again guys!

sweet66monza

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This piece broke loose and was working back and forth with every stroke of the pedal. Couple spots with the TIG otta fix that. LUCKILY the bushing was still intact. so the inner hole where the bushing rides was still round.

aaklingler

Reaction score
So what's the trick to getting the pedal assembley out, I have it loose? Does the brake booster need to come out?

Last edited: