Rear main seal advice

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
My question is which brands is recomended, and any pointers is welcomed;Sweet I'm gonna replace my flex plate tommorow and I though why not replace the rear main seal since its my only oil leak left, and I can get to it easily. I understand that it is a one piece unit and it presses in the rear engine cover thingy. I've already gotten a Fel-pro seal, but I want to do this once.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its as posted above. If you felpro seal does not have the speedi sleeve you will ruin the seal on the worn crank. The factory offered seal these days is equipted with all the above. Plus its made from a space age polymer duoble lip seal. It installs dry on the crank and speedi sleeve. You do need some sealant around the seal to holder . Also that rear seal plate has a gasket under it. Belay that and just use some copper plus rtv from permatex. Its oil and heat resistant and its all I use for a oil pan gasket. Been using it for many years on all my other engine builds with never a leak. Cleaning that bottom joint where the oil pan meets the block and seal plate needs to be clean. Use brakeclean because it will not leave a film. then apply enough rtv to see it squeeze out readily. Ask more questions as you go along if needed too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online